Living locally, we're always on the lookout for good restaurants in the area, and many have come and gone, but the Culbone has started well and steadily improved. Unlike the (very few) poor reviews that the inn has received, we've always found that the staff listen to customer opinions (as can be seen from the comments on room 4 on the website - and the consequent reduction in pricing). Their PIPS club is excellent (free membership and many bonus events), the food is always good and the menus change constantly rather than putting up the same dishes week in, week out. We've been at least once a month for the past six months - to their steak nights, to the meal-and-a-movie deals, just with friends and yesterday we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with them (thanks for the free fizz Mark and Josh, thanks for the room deal Becky) - a really lovely evening out (candle-lit - other poor reviewer please note), unhurried, comfortable room, nice wine and our dog was able to come with us as well. What more could they have offered us ? Well, nothing, really. Thanks again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alex and myself Annette, have recently taken over the Culbone Stables Inn on Exmoor. It is situated on the A39 between Porlock and Lynton in the idyllic heart of Exmoor. Our Inn and gardens are in a beautiful setting and have exceptional views across the valley of Coombe. Our aim has been to renovate the restaurant back to a welcome, friendly Country Inn/pub. Our menu is traditional pub fare, at reasonable prices, using local produce. We welcome walkers, cyclists, families and dogs. We have 5 on suite bedrooms. 2 are opposite each other (one twin, one double) with their own landing and would be perfect for families. Room 1 has its own private patio, with stunning views. Our motto is , anything you want, just ask. We might not be able to fulfil some requests but there's no harm in asking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Culbone Stables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culbone Stables Hotel Porlock
- The Culbone Stables Inn Porlock, Somerset