Stopped off for Sunday lunch , stated on menu that it was a Sunday roast with lamb or beef , seasonal vegetables and real gravy . In our party of four we ordered three beef and one lamb the meals consisted of two slices of thin fatty meat two roast potatoes , the seasonal vegetable were one French bean , one carrot , one sprig of broccoli and a small piece of beet root the Yorkshire pudd was ok but the Real gravy was thin watery and tasteless , how they can justify charging £16 for this meal I do not know I have to say the staff were very friendly and polite and the restaurant is a high standard it's a shame the food does not Match.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alex and myself Annette, have recently taken over the Culbone Stables Inn on Exmoor. It is situated on the A39 between Porlock and Lynton in the idyllic heart of Exmoor. Our Inn and gardens are in a beautiful setting and have exceptional views across the valley of Coombe. Our aim has been to renovate the restaurant back to a welcome, friendly Country Inn/pub. Our menu is traditional pub fare, at reasonable prices, using local produce. We welcome walkers, cyclists, families and dogs. We have 5 on suite bedrooms. 2 are opposite each other (one twin, one double) with their own landing and would be perfect for families. Room 1 has its own private patio, with stunning views. Our motto is , anything you want, just ask. We might not be able to fulfil some requests but there's no harm in asking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Culbone Stables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culbone Stables Hotel Porlock
- The Culbone Stables Inn Porlock, Somerset