Greeted by the very pleasant owner but downhill after that.
First impression of the room looked ok but we found on closer inspection this was not to be. The window sills & framework had not been cleaned for weeks. Full of dead flies and extremely dirty. Skirting boards not cleaned and even had a tea stain running down them. All in all it was not good.
We had booked in for dinner and the roast pork was awful it seemed like it had been re-heated from lunch time. The roast potatoes were burnt. A huge portion of fries came with the other meals and that was it (no vegetables).
Breakfast was not even slightly better. Half a tomato and one mushroom in their eyes constituted a breakfast and the toast was as thick as a doorstop. Will not return and will not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alex and myself Annette, have recently taken over the Culbone Stables Inn on Exmoor. It is situated on the A39 between Porlock and Lynton in the idyllic heart of Exmoor. Our Inn and gardens are in a beautiful setting and have exceptional views across the valley of Coombe. Our aim has been to renovate the restaurant back to a welcome, friendly Country Inn/pub. Our menu is traditional pub fare, at reasonable prices, using local produce. We welcome walkers, cyclists, families and dogs. We have 5 on suite bedrooms. 2 are opposite each other (one twin, one double) with their own landing and would be perfect for families. Room 1 has its own private patio, with stunning views. Our motto is , anything you want, just ask. We might not be able to fulfil some requests but there's no harm in asking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Culbone Stables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culbone Stables Hotel Porlock
- The Culbone Stables Inn Porlock, Somerset