“Excellent for a lunch time visit.”
Review of The Home Cook Cafe

The Home Cook Cafe
Ranked #3 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Porlock
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had lunch here on two occasions during our recent stay in Porlock. We received a warm friendly welcome and the food and service were excellent and all home cooked food.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everytime I come to Porlock I have to visit The Home Cook Cafe for a cream tea. The scones are delicious!

1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We decided to try out the Home Cook café as they had a sign saying that dogs were welcome and we didn't fancy going to a pub. We were cold and needed to warm up and this place hit the spot. I was unsure about trying potato and lentil soup, but it was just what I needed - tasty and filling. My husband had the apple cake and was pleased with that as well. Porlock has quite a few tea room type places - this one doesn't necessarily stand out from a quick glance, but the staff were friendly and the food was tasty. We would definitely call here again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

small eating area but the food is excellent the tea is local the service is good try it you will love it

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Having seen the good reviews we were looking forward to a tasty lunch as we escaped from the stormy weather outside.
Unfortunately there was one electric heater for the whole cafe and it was too cold to take my coat off; we therefore did not feel comfortable.
The staff were not particularly welcoming and the soup (potato and lentil, which I assume was home made) was not very flavoursome at all.
The cakes did look super, but we were too cold to stay and sample them.
We would not return.