“Excellent Cafe .......”
Review of The Home Cook Cafe

The Home Cook Cafe
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Porlock
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Whilst visiting Porlock my wife and I called into this cafe for tea and cake early last week. We were both impressed. So much so that later in the week, although staying in Dunster, we were happy to drive back over to Porlock in order to have lunch in this excellent cafe. The staff are friendly. Service is fast. The cafe is spotlessly clean. The food is lovely and well presented. A big plus for us was that the cafe is also dog friendly. What more could we ask for!

1  Thank keyboardreview

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had lunch here on two occasions during our recent stay in Porlock. We received a warm friendly welcome and the food and service were excellent and all home cooked food.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everytime I come to Porlock I have to visit The Home Cook Cafe for a cream tea. The scones are delicious!

1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We decided to try out the Home Cook café as they had a sign saying that dogs were welcome and we didn't fancy going to a pub. We were cold and needed to warm up and this place hit the spot. I was unsure about trying potato and lentil soup, but it was just what I needed - tasty and filling. My husband had the apple cake and was pleased with that as well. Porlock has quite a few tea room type places - this one doesn't necessarily stand out from a quick glance, but the staff were friendly and the food was tasty. We would definitely call here again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

small eating area but the food is excellent the tea is local the service is good try it you will love it