“Lovely bright cottage, fantastic location, great...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
c0nsuela
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Lovely bright cottage, fantastic location, great walks and dog friendly local pub”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed here for a week with our 2 dogs and fell in love with the area. The cottage was a great base and you could enjoy stunning views of the sea from the lounge or outside on a mild morning.
The cottage is comfortable,clean and well equipped but not suitable, as the description makes clear, for anyone with limited mobility as it is perched up on the hill well away from the road.
It was great to do circular walks from the door either down onto the beach and marshes or up into the hills via one of the wooded, watery combes.
The village was just down the road, very friendly with butcher and supermarkets, and we had great beer and food at The Top Ship and a smashing cream tea at The Whortleberry Tea Room. In February many places are closed but this means all the roads are also quiet and it is easy to get about.
Would recommend out of season for a peaceful get away.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Toinette...
London
“Clean, cosy, comfortable and a view to die for”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

We had a lovely stay at Halsecombe Cottage. Little touches like the tea and milk on arrival, and a pre-packed-just-ready-to-be-lit fire made us feel immediately welcome.

This is like a home away from home and a great base from which to explore Somerset and North Devon. The cottage was clean and tidy and the underfloor heating in the bathroom was a luxury.

We appreciated the high ceilings and my tall hubby had no problems hitting his head as is the case with so many other cottages. The recent addition of WiFi was an added bonus and made planning our days out easy and problem-free. The views are absolutely stunning. And as if that is not enough to look at, there are bird feeders in the garden which attract lovely little birdies to watch.

And the best part? It is dog-friendly, which means we could take Homer, our four-legged friend, with us. A delightful stay in a delightful cottage located in a delightful setting.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
24 Oct 2014
When Tom called to say there was a problems at the cottage, as the business owner I was able visit the property myself. I was glad to be able to meet the customer and see the complaints first hand. I spent about an hour with him chatting about is life story and he pointed about the couple of things he wasn't happy with in the cottage. I have to say I struggled to see the points he was making, but in line with our high standards of customer service I arranged for a cleaner to go back in and I offered some discount for his stay. Tom later called to say he was happy with the service and would book with us again. I was a little surprised when I read this review. I hope future guests can see the next review left by the guests staying to following week totally contradicts the views on the same property.

This is a lovely holiday cottage and I would anticipate the next set of reviews will reflect this. Chris
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing