“Consistency and great staff!”
Review of Courtyard Hamilton

Courtyard Hamilton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott is a very consistent chain. The Courtyard in Hamilton is a nice hotel. The staff are really friendly. There is free parking and the location worked great for me. There is a gym and pool which I never used much myself, but for some looking for something like that it would be great. I found the rooms to be comfortable. I sleep with ear plugs because I find all hotels have peripheral noise that can keep me awake. With the ear plugs I would sleep soundly on the comfortable beds.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Brent S,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay at Courtyard Hamilton. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand, and we're pleased to hear that our consistency in friendly service and comfortable accommodations met your expectations. We hope you'll return for another visit in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently at Hamilton OH Courtyard by Marriott for a 4 night stay. Obtained a reasonable price on what was billed as a King Suite. My reservation was for 4 adults. While the bedroom portion of the "suite" was to normal marriott standard I was under impressed with the other half of the room. The single pullout was never intended for 2 adult occupants. Efforts to obtain a rollout and even extra pillows were unfruitful. We were informed that the pillow count was correct for the room. Whatever. With that exception the hotel was to normal Marriott standards. Clean. Quiet except for hockey teams in the hall until 1 am. Good food at Ok prices. I'd return if on the Hamilton Oxford area again.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Bob K
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Bob K,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at Courtyard Hamilton. We always appreciate hearing from our guest on both positive feedback and opportunities for improving our guest experience. We're happy to hear you would return for another visit the next time you travel to the area. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed here for a wedding we were attending and used our Marriott points. We were so disappointed. We did not sleep for the 2 nights we were there. The room they put us in was right by the elevator and my request was not by an elevator. The elevator dinged all night long and I was wearing ear plugs and still could hear it. We did not complain until checkout because we knew they were no other rooms available. As a long time Marriott rewards member it was the most disappointed I have ever been in Marriott! The dining room was a super high cost for breakfast, almost $40. for 2 people. that is ridiculous!

Room Tip: Request your room not by an elevator and before you check in ask them again if it by the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

bevcakes04,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. I'm very sorry to hear of the noise disturbances you encountered and your disappointment in your stay. It's unfortunate that we did not have the opportunity to intervene more proactively. Your feedback is important to us as we value your business and loyalty to our brand. We do hope we have the opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We came down from Mpls and the snow apparently followed us for our stay here. It is darn near impossible to say anything negative on this hotel. The staff was great,the on site restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was good. We did have an issue with the lock on our door not working. Not only did they resolve the issue in a timely fashion but comped us two drinks at the bar for our troubles. The hotel has nice views of the river and the city skyline. It is downtown in an area that is the typical dead area due to shopping centers. Because of this there are only 2 eating places within walking distance that I found,an Irish pub ( which I reviewed) and the typical Mcdonalds. There may be some off the Main Street but I did not look. The hotel has an interactive touch screen in the lobby to look up about anything,which makes it easy to get around. I always stay on the top floor to avoid the normal elephant people tromping around above. This hotel is six floors,and the walls are apparently thin as you could hear people next door talking all night. ( the only negative in our stay). Hamilton has very little to choose from in the way of hotels so this was a blessing in the first class quality. The rooms are well appointed,but we did not have a microwave in our studio type room.no big deal. The in room coffee was probably the best hotel coffee I have had. They do not have a continental breakfast as they have a traditional restaurant,( for all of you that think a free breakfast is a must). Personally this type of place brings in a better class of traveler. This may sound snobbish but I do not care for cheap surroundings. I love the no smoking policy. Nothing worse than smoking smells coming from under doors in the hallway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dave H,
Thank you for your gracious review and complimentary feedback from your stay with us at Courtyard Hamilton. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased to hear our accommodations, amenities, and friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay. I sincerely apologize for any noise disturbances you experienced during your visit. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our staff. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very good in most ways: excellent staff, clean rooms. And probably the best option for those in the area for a Miami University related event or weekend. But not great when it comes to noise -- you can hear pretty much everything in your neighbor's room and the hall (can be very annoying).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Pipeface,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit to Courtyard Hamilton. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your visit to Miami University, and we're glad our excellent service and clean accommodations met your satisfaction. I am very sorry to hear of the noise disturbances you encountered and sincerely apologize for any resulting inconveniences. We value you as our guest and we hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Most visitors to this small town are here to visit students at nearby Miami University or for some similar reason. I would have rather stayed in Oxford but everything was booked and this hotel was available at a reasonable price. Room was average. The heater unit worked but the front of it was hanging off. Beds were very comfortable. I would have appreciated a complimentary breakfast but that was not an option. There was a small café that served breakfast, lunch and dinner but it was nothing special. Front desk did have complimentary supplies such as toothbrush and tooth paste, razors . . . Sad to see that the Riverfront Café has closed down.
***My room was near the elevator and the loud chime was very annoying. Very audible. Loud enough to wake you up at 5:30 am when people started moving around.

Room Tip: If you have a choice a room that is on the upper floors (there are 6) and facing the river is pleasa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

CoronaCowboy,
Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on the aspects that made for an enjoyable stay, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. We value you as our guest and we apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. We hope you'll consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Clean, neat, well appointed and thought out rooms. Amazing staff - Friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. This hotel makes any stay in Hamilton a good one. As an out-of-towner visiting in-law-family I have finally, after years, found a comfortable "home base". Stayed in a suite facing the river for 4 days...I felt safe, secure and appreciated while there. This is DEFINATELY where I will be staying while in Hamilton for years to come. I did not utilize the bar, restaurant, pool or gym so I cannot comment on those but I will say that the room was great and the staff made every attempt to show that hospitality was priority one for them. My hat goes off to them. A truly enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 3rd floor or above facing the river. It's a nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

MSgirl662,
We appreciate your review and patronage with us at Courtyard Hamilton. It's wonderful to hear that our friendly service and clean accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. We're happy to be your "home base" while in town visiting family, and we look forward to extending our hospitality to you again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Carman Johnson, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Comfort Inn Oxford
Comfort Suites Forest Park
Comfort Suites Forest Park
#29 of 52 in Cincinnati
Baymont Inn & Suites Oxford

Been to Courtyard Hamilton? Share your experiences!