“Picture perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Yew Tree at Church Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somerton
The Yew Tree at Church Farm
Ranked #5 of 11 Somerton B&B and Inns
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Picture perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

After reading such amazing reviews about the yew tree we were excited about our visit and i have to say we were not disappointed. We stayed for a short 3 night break and enjoyed every minute. The breakfast was second to none lovely fresh ingredients cooked and presented perfectly. The room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed including some lovely little extras. Couldn't fault this place and would recommend again and again. Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in the olive room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine J
miaoowcat, Owner at The Yew Tree at Church Farm, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review, I'm really pleased your enjoyed your stay with us.

sarah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I absolutely LOVED my stay at the Yew Tree. The location is exquisite (like an English picture postcard!), is overlooked by a lovely little church and there are views of the lovely rolling hills. It's easy to drive to Glastonbury and lots of other lovely places. The rooms are comfortable, very clean and well appointed. Sarah makes everyone feel at home - she is a real gem! She is so kind, warm, welcoming, and treats everyone like royalty! Nothing seems to be too much trouble for her (she even offered me the use of her own SatNav for my car!) And her breakfasts are absolutely delicious - fresh and homemade. Eggs, fresh bread, fresh fruit, lovely cereal and juices - heaven! I would definitely stay here again and would encourage you all to do the same! An example of what a great B&B can be like. THANKYOU!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jeff F
Thank you for your fabulous review, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I very much hope you find your self in the area again and that you come to stay again.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have traveled the world many times over but I count my time spent at The Yew Tree to be one of the best holidays of my life. The rooms are beautiful and cozy - but what makes this place so special is the love and care of the owner Sarah Love. She goes above and beyond making you feel welcome - it's like having a fairy godmother angel awaiting you when you arrive and looking over you the entire time. And her breakfasts are legendary! This is a magical little spot on the planet and I can't say enough good about it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank RobinLA22
I'm so glad you found your stay with us as being 'magical' I am thrilled I could make you feel so relaxed, I hope to see you again.

Best wishes,
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay at The Yew Tree B&B. From the moment we booked to the moment we left we experienced friendly and helpful hospitality. Sarah made us feel at home from the moment we arrived even lending us a pair of wellies as I forgot my walking boots. The room was clean and light with a very comfortable bed. For breakfast we were asked when we wanted to eat any time up until 11am which was great for our lie in. The food was of 5* hotel quality, very very yummy. We will certainly be going back to stay at The Yew Tree.
Hannah and Wayne x

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hannah m
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind review.

Hope to see you again
Perth WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

The proprietor was most accommodating & willing to "bend" around us re breaky times etc. the location was quiet, not a tourist in sight. It was very pretty & the accommodation pleasant. There was no shower, just a bath with a short lead shower hose. The accommodation was spacious but there was inadequate storage space for folks who had packed for a month's holiday - no wardrobe. It was nice & warm. She kept the heating on all day. No car park space within the property walls.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
miaoowcat, Owner at The Yew Tree at Church Farm, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm hope you did enjoy your stay despite the few things you mention as slightly negative. I did upgrade to you the Loft apt. from the Olive room as I was aware you were travelling for a long time and thought you would enjoy the extra space, sadly due to the shape of the roof we are unable to put a shower in the Loft Apt. which is why there is only a bath, as far as I am aware the mixer tap hose on the bath is of average length. Apologies too that you felt there was inadequate storage, jut to clarify there is hanging space for about 10-15 items and a chest of drawers with 4 large draws in the bedroom. The parking is next to our property on the very quiet no-through lane, as stated on our website, the reason for not having parking within our property is for the consideration of other guests.
All that said it was lovely to meet you both and I very much hope to see you again if you are ever over this way again. I hope you're enjoying the teapot you purchased from here too, there is now a new turquoise one in its stead
best wishes Sarah
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We got hitched just down the road and stayed here after our party (ouch sore head the next day!). Wow. Wonderful stay, even though we didn't check in until 1am (as we were getting married and completely forgot!),everything was still ready for us. We stayed in The Loft and it was super- dooper! I would not change a thing about this place- easily the best B and B we have ever stayed in (and we stay in a lot!).

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Firstly congratulations on getting married and thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I hope we see you again even though you're not far away

best wishes for the future
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed for two nights and were really impressed by the warmth of the welcome, and the way in which presentation took first place.
The room was spotless and everything was of a very high standard.
Like other reviewers, the breakfast was terrific and again every attention was paid to presentation.
The location is great and nothing is too much trouble for Sarah.
If there was any criticism at all, there was only one chair in our room which was a double room, but that apart, we would certainly return again.
Thank you Sarah, for your welcome and helpful assistance.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chaddle
Hello there

i'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again. I'm sure I can arrange another chair for you next time

best wishes
sarah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerton
Mullions Hotel
#2 of 2 in Somerton
Kingsdon Inn
Kingsdon Inn
#3 of 11 in Somerton

Been to The Yew Tree at Church Farm? Share your experiences!