“Best Breakfast In Somerset”
Review of The White Hart

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Bristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast In Somerset”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

After a year or so trying to find the best breakfast in the Mid Somerset area, I have finally found it. The White Hart in Somerton... Their home cured bacon is the best I have ever tasted. Perfect portion size and great flavors. I cant recommend highly enough!! Natalie gave great service and makes a cracking coffee to compliment the breakfast. I'm looking forward to the warm weather so I can eat their breakfast out in the sun. FANTASTIC.

• Visited April 2014

Newport
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stumbled across after having been recommended , the 3 of us looked like we were dressed for a fancy dress not a Saturday in a nice restaurant, on arrival we had not booked but they luckily had a cancellation, I did struggle to find a starter I liked but had bread and hummus which was free of charge on each table, my main of whiting with beautifully chipped potatoes, curried coleslaw and salad leaves was amazing, I had brandy and raisin ice cream with chocolate hazelnut bits, died and went to heaven, my fellow guests just as happy with there choices. Only let down by average service, friendly but not attentive, I would have loved another drink and trying to pay a bit of a chore. But compliments to the chef . The thing is enough people waiting on the tables, who were polite but not on the same level as the food.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank BehappyBegood
SW, UK
“Very pleasant first experience”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Friends who we were dining with recommended the White Hart as they had visited before. Arriving I was pleased that the tables weren't on top of one another and the restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere.
Personally I found the menu a little limited and uninspiring but we opted for a sharing platter which was very nice and I had a lamb dish including chop and liver on a bed on lentils. Their chunky chips were fluffy and well cooked. Dessert was delicious with a variety of homemade icecreams.
Clearly the White Hart are proud to source local produce and boards on the wall advise where all produce comes from in the area.
The prices are on the higher but I am happy to pay this for quality and atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
Somerset, England
“We loved it”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We were treated to a night stay with dinner, B&B in February and had a lovely time.
Couple of tiny issues, like walking through restaurant with bags to check in to our room , and no lock on bathroom . However room one was beautifully decorated, awesome comfy bed, Lovely toiletries.
Food both in evening restaurant was divine.
breakfast, whilst I could have had lots more of the crispy bacon was lovely.
My husband has wheat allergy, and they accommodated this without hassle both at dinner and breakfast.
Living near the Swan in wedmore, their sister hotel, I found the atmosphere here lovely and a little less cliquey , but that of course may change given this hotels newness.

Definatley worth a visit and draw your own conclusions.

Visited February 2014
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Food and atmosphere excellent. Faultless service. Will most definitely return. Great to be able to walk to restaurant as we live locally.

Visited March 2014