“Great dining, great space, quality service”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Somerton
Price range: US$0 - US$52
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
France
“Great dining, great space, quality service”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The White Hart is a very modern pub with traditional values - quality food using quality ingredients, traditional decor with a modern twist. It has some cute little places to sit, depending on your mood. The garden is just lovely, with a green Somerset feel to it; fig trees lean delectably against the walls. The loos are just fab. Yes, it's not cheap, but nor is it the most expensive pub food I've eaten. If you don't pig out, but share a couple of dishes, the whole thing can be perfectly reasonable. And it's very tasty. Wines by the glass are well chosen - we had the Sangiovese and the Primitivo, both of which were good. It's just a great place to meet up with a friend or friends and have a natter in a perfect environment.

• Visited May 2014

ME
“Depressing meal”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Queues at the Limekiln so went to the White Hart. Bar snacks only on Sunday night so ordered two large Caesar salads. When they turned up we thought the restaurant was joking. Four leaves of lettuce, some slices of smoked chicken, two tomatoes and a teaspoon of dressing. No bread. For £14 each. No wonder the place was empty. We eat here infrequently, we've had good and bad; consistency is poor. This "meal", however, was simply insulting.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank toomanybeds
Baughurst, United Kingdom
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

On a stay in Somerset with a friend we decided to have Sunday breakfast here. The menu was not large but there was a good choice and quite often if a menu is on the small side then the food is fresh. This was true at the White Hart. There were choices of hot dishes and innovative cold dishes. I had the home made muesli which I thought was good although on the large side, especially as I also had toast, also good as it was made from a whole loaf and not a pre-sliced one. Coffee was excellent as was a cup of fresh drinking chocolate. The meal was a good change from the average breakfasts that can be obtained.

The staff were very friendly and efficient, we also appreciated the unrushed service that gave us plenty of time to gossip. There was a good supply of newspapers, we did not avail ourselves of them but they were available.

• Visited May 2014
Wells, United Kingdom
“A Total Gem”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Fantastic service, delicious food and a wonderful ambiance - The White Hart has got it spot on!
We went to celebrate my birthday, when my boyfriend booked he told them this and I had a complimentary glass of prosecco presented to me as we sat down, which was a lovely touch.

The table was perfect, cosy and romantic.

The food was absolutely divine, and being able to watch the chefs at work via the open kitchen front was an added bonus. The staff were attentive and friendly.

The ladies toilets, although up stairs also deserve a mention as they were rather lovely too!

I highly recommend!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank F00die30
Somerton, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
“First Time DIners”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I stopped for lunch here last month. I love the decor and selection of soft drinks. The real ale was enjoyed by my husband. The lunches were rather on the expensive side and whilst I had the ruby burger, which was pleasant, I expected more than the thimble full of chips which is served. I usually steal this amount from my husband's plate, but expected more than this and the teaspoon full of coleslaw.

I'm aware a lot of money has been invested in the pub and the staff are young, vibrant and friendly. But I didn't feel we received value for money. It's a pleasant pub/restaurant to eat out at with a nice clientelle and pleasant surroundings, but I was definitely expecting more from the food. Both in wow factor and would have liked a slightly bigger portion of chips, so I could let my husband steal some off my plate!

• Visited March 2014