“What a country town pub should be!”
Review of The Globe Inn

The Globe Inn
Ranked #13 of 24 Restaurants in Somerton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Greeted by a warm welcome into a busy bar where there is a wide selection of draught beers including four 'real' ales. There was a real buzz to the place.
The menu looked good but sadly lack of time prevented me eating there but the rest of the party gave high praise even if it took a while to arrive.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I took some friends who stayed with us there, for their renowned breakfast! It was absolutely wonderful indeed! And all for a fiver each - incredible value! Quality of the food was excellent and included two sausages, two rashers of bacon, two eggs cooked any way you want, two hash browns, large half of tomato, delicious mushrooms, and lots of beans - delicious! Plus tea and hot water or filtered coffee. And even thick sliced white or brown toast with pots of marmalade etc. Amazing value and amazing quality! Staff were lovely and friendly and helpful, and Steve and Sarah, the hosts, were lovely too, Cannot recommend it highly enough!

3  Thank D L
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Went out for a midweek meal with my daughter and had a fantastic meal. I had double burger with cheese and bacon. It was absolutely delicious and the quality was excellent with gourmet presentation and was definitely excellent quality and value for money. My daughter was equally delighted with her Hunters Chicken. I would recommend the food at the Globe wholeheartedly. The bar and waiting staff were courteous and polite and our meal was served really promptly.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

once again i have been impressed with the food served here

i had belly pork that had been cooked to perfection and was delicious and at under £10 with all the trimmings it was great value

i thought that there might have been a change in management since it is even better than previously but was assured that this was not the case

this remains my favourite pub for a meal in the local area

2  Thank travellingman64
Reviewed 18 May 2014

went here last night with my family, a table had been reserved for us, very comfortable seats and ample room at the table, the order was taken and when the food was cooked it was served efficiently, the food was fabulous, steaks were cooked to our liking, the staff were great, they checked everything was ok and once we had finished the table was cleared away promptly,
The Globe has ramps so would cater for disabled customers, the gardens at the back were lovely, as a smoker there is a covered area to go outside for a fag and this area has a wood burner to keep us smokers warm during the colder times,
It was my first time here and i will definately be going back next time i visit my family in Somerton

2  Thank steve r