“Good food, service excellent”
Review of The Kingsdon Inn

The Kingsdon Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Somerton
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beautiful thatched pub in the picturesque English village of KingsdonRenown for excellent food and friendly, professional service.The pub is managed by Adam and Cinzia , who have worked in and run some of the UK's most highly respected restaurants and hotels. Expect an imaginative and seasonal menu made with the very best of local produce- from locally sourced free-range eggs to asparagus grown within a 2 mile radius.Every dish, from ice creams and sorbets to breads and pasta are made on site under the care and expertise of Michelin star trained chef-patron, Adam Cain.Our Italian manageress, Cinzia, brings her characterful warmth and expertise to the front of house where you will be greeted with a versatile wine list and a nice selection of local ales to accompany your food. May your road to the Kingsdon Inn be one of peace.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We didn't book and the restaurant was very busy. The food was excellent and although the staff had a lot of customers, we were full of praise for the smooth snd unruffled manner in which they executed their orders. Impressed and will return. Food nicely cooked and presented with care.
In a cosy village setting.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor before but this little Inn inspired me and I wanted to share my experience.....
We arrived at the gorgeous Kingsdon Inn last Sunday the 27th of July for a two night stay, with our three dogs. We had driven up from Cornwall and were breaking up the long drive home to Scotland, by visiting my dear friend who lives nearby. Anyone with dogs will know, getting a decent B and B is never easy!
My husband found this little hidden gem online and I honestly could not believe it was pet friendly when we arrived .it is just beautiful.....
The Inn nestles in the most quaint little village, all English country gardens and thatched roofs. It is directly opposite the village green, which is immaculate and has excellent play park for the kids.
The inn itself is flawless, the rooms and en suite are tastefully decorated, bed linen, quilts, towels, toiletries and bed are all to a very high standard. Even a cafiteire and real coffee! I can't bare those hideous sachets!
The welcome from Adam and his lovely Italian wife Cinzia (hope that is the right spelling), was warm and sincere. They made us feel completely at home and utterly pampered. Effortlessly charming, they have the balance just right....natural and perfect hosts.
Now the food.....oh my word, all of the other factors were amazing however Chef Adam is a kitchen ninja! Locally sourced ingredients of the highest quality, his style is clean simple, divine and incredible value for money. I have read some of the reviews and I can only surmise that these people with negative comments have no palette or understanding of decent food! Frankly they would not know a Michelin star from a Michelin tyre!!!!
Please ignore them and try this gorgeous wee place out for yourself.
Thank you so much to you both for making our stay and visit with my lovely pal Stacy and her son Ted such a special one.....we will be back.
Rhonda and Chris Spence

1  Thank Rhondasp21
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went back to this pub on a Monday lunchtime hoping for a similar dining experience to our visit in April and were disappointed. My smoked haddock was very good but my wife's pork loin stuffed with carrot puree, although very imaginative, was very dry. The vegetables were very good.

The chef and head waitress were clearly distracted by their very small toddler who was playing up. This was obviously distracting them and annoying for the customers.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We called in this gastro pub on the way back from the coast. Easy to park. Very well furbished, trendy, very friendly staff, good beer, but ..............absolutely superb food. Food was top quality (think the veg had just been picked) and cooked to perfection. We will definitely call again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We received a very walm welcome at this lovely old thatched inn. It is finished inside with stripped pine tables and chairs and looks really nice and welcoming. We were warmly greeted on arrival and on ordering a glass of rose wine my wife was actually offered a choice of dry or fruity. She had the fruity which she said was lovely. I had a chicken leg stuffed with prunes and wrapped in bacon with cherry tomatoes and garlic roast new potatoes, it was delicious. My wife chose the fishcakes which were stuffed with big chunks of fish , again delicious. The desert was also excellent. We both had sticky toffee pudding really light and tasty with a caramel sauce and ginger ice cream, it is worth going back again just for that. We will definately go back again.