“Dinner can't be served at 7pm unless the kitchen is in action before then.”
Review of The Quarry Inn

The Quarry Inn
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Somerton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Good honest Somerset country Pub with good home made food , Beef , mushroom and red wine Pie last Sunday for instance,.Good Value hearty portions and smaller portions for those who want it. Good neighbourly crowd of regular customers who make visitors seem welcome. Have eaten there a number of times over the last eighteen months and never been dissapointed ,just worried about ny waistline with their lovely deserts.Always a good vegetarian choice available.
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Dinner can't be served at 7pm unless the kitchen is in action before then.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

On the Quarry Inn website it says that dinner is served from 7pm, so I booked a table for 7pm, but when I got there at about 10 minutes to, the place was in darkness. The lights went on, and the door opened at 7pm. As far as I can see, there were no lights on in the kitchen before that, so really, the kitchen staff had to start switching things on, preparing etc actually at 7. Consequently, although we had ordered by about 7.20. we weren't served until 8.10pm. The pub was full, so it may be that it was short-staffed and with more people wanting to eat than usual, so we could give them the benefit of the doubt and think it might not always be so slow. The menu, esp the veggie options, sounded interesting and original, but personally, I found the food a little disappointing when it finally got to us. We didn't dare risk ordering a dessert in case it took ages to get to us.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lynne M

Bridgwater
“No customer service”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I am a regular keen real ale drinker. I was served a pint of beer at the Quarry Inn that was tainted. The landlord refused to accept it. I could not make a fuss because I was a guest in a party of 24, who were eating at the pub. To me the beer was undrinkable - I had no alternative but to buy a different pint. The landlord was quite happy to accept my payment for the replacement pint. If that's how he treats a member of a party of 24 who regularly visit his pub, I'm amazed he's still in business.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Peter F
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good home cooked food”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A friendly pub with a good, varied menu. Good quality food and value for money. Recommend the steak and chips. Its good to be able to get a decent pint of ale brewed by independent breweries.

• Visited July 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This pub/restaurant has it all! Passing through but looking for a snack bar lunch on a SUNday, (a rare find). Mine hosts were most welcoming, the place was buzzing and busy, but we were assured the full menu was on as well as the Traditonal Roasts, and we'd have a table in two minutes, which we did. The sausage and the baguette were of best quality, served warm with side salad and crisps, my wife's chili con carne filled jacket potato was generous in size to say the least, topped with cheese and sour cream along with side salad.All soon devoured! The toilets were spotless, the traditional decor all appeared clean & fresh. Most diners were enjoying a Sunday Roast Dinner and it look fabulous, if motoring on the A 37 this is only a short detour but well worth it! Great function room and skittle alley too! don't know if they have a garden to the rear, but they have parking.

• Visited June 2013
Yeovil, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful venue for a celebration”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We went to the Quarry for my nephews christening and i was expecting the usual pub fair but we were served a fantastic buffet with quality food. The service was seamless. V good job. Would definitely consider it for a family gathering, even a wedding reception. Pleasantly suprised. Seemed like a busy pub with people chowing down sunday toast. Good work :-)

• Visited May 2013