“Christmas Meal”
Review of The Quarry Inn

The Quarry Inn
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Somerton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Good honest Somerset country Pub with good home made food , Beef , mushroom and red wine Pie last Sunday for instance,.Good Value hearty portions and smaller portions for those who want it. Good neighbourly crowd of regular customers who make visitors seem welcome. Have eaten there a number of times over the last eighteen months and never been dissapointed ,just worried about ny waistline with their lovely deserts.Always a good vegetarian choice available.
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We've previously had our christmas meals at The Quarry but for the last couple of years have gone elsewhere. This year we came back & it was fantastic. We had a party of 32 & the food was ready within 15 minutes of us getting there. It came out on time & all at once which was nice for a change instead of people finishing their meals before the last orders came out. The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly making our meal even more enjoyable. It was a great atmosphere to be in & they catered to us with top customer service. The food was lovely & all dishes came out nice & hot. Enjoyable experience and would definitely recommend a party to have their meal at The Quarry. Will definitely be visiting there again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Fantastic christmas meal at the Quarry last year. Also tried numerous lunchtime meals on a Sunday and have to say they are freshly cooked and taste great taste. Plenty of space to take the children, especially in summer with the beer garden and playhouse to amuse the kids.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

On the Quarry Inn website it says that dinner is served from 7pm, so I booked a table for 7pm, but when I got there at about 10 minutes to, the place was in darkness. The lights went on, and the door opened at 7pm. As far as I can see, there were no lights on in the kitchen before that, so really, the kitchen staff had to start switching things on, preparing etc actually at 7. Consequently, although we had ordered by about 7.20. we weren't served until 8.10pm. The pub was full, so it may be that it was short-staffed and with more people wanting to eat than usual, so we could give them the benefit of the doubt and think it might not always be so slow. The menu, esp the veggie options, sounded interesting and original, but personally, I found the food a little disappointing when it finally got to us. We didn't dare risk ordering a dessert in case it took ages to get to us.

1  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I am a regular keen real ale drinker. I was served a pint of beer at the Quarry Inn that was tainted. The landlord refused to accept it. I could not make a fuss because I was a guest in a party of 24, who were eating at the pub. To me the beer was undrinkable - I had no alternative but to buy a different pint. The landlord was quite happy to accept my payment for the replacement pint. If that's how he treats a member of a party of 24 who regularly visit his pub, I'm amazed he's still in business.

1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A friendly pub with a good, varied menu. Good quality food and value for money. Recommend the steak and chips. Its good to be able to get a decent pint of ale brewed by independent breweries.