“Ok if you don't mind 2 hour wait for your food”
Review of The Spice Merchant

The Spice Merchant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Watchet
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Booked table for 4 for 8.30. Food arrived 10.00. It was nice, the staff were nice BUT they focused on 2 large groups at the expense of everyone else...i made a comment when paying and they said waiting time was because they were so popular. I would suggest its because there isn't much choice, and also that they tell people to expect a long wait for their food BEFORE they order.

2  Thank MariaDW

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was in holiday with my parents and asked the manager what to order as I like to try different things! It was so nice, we went in twice in one week! Lovely staff, great food, good view! I don't know what the bad reviews are on about!!!
Thanks for making our week!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Popped in to this Indian restaurant in the lovely coastal town of Watchet,in itself a really interesting and lively place,and being a very experienced curry eater,I was impressed with the service,quality and overall value.
Would have preferred the Chicken Tikka starter to be served on a griddle but my wife's Shashlik was and very tasty.I had the Lamb Madras asking for "tender" meat as Lamb is often tough in Indian restaurants,and it was very good.Sauce in the Madras tasty and fresh and great Dhall too and they even popped in Poppadums to our takeaway Chicken Tikka.
If you're on hols in the area of MInehead,really good place to go as there are many good pubs in this picturesque coastal town.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Went on thursday and really enjoyed it lovely taste nice and clean and staff very attentive would recommend and would go back.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We went to this place for a meal. Ordered a nargis kebab when it arrived the meat was completely raw inside. I had already bitten a piece and ate some of it when this happened.
We asked for a jug of water which i think was not what they wanted us to have by their attitude.
service was slow and the food was very average. Would never go back even for free.
for those who recommend this place, i can only say you need to get out more. If you went to the Indian in Minehead you would think this one in Watchet is a bus station cafe.

1  Thank darklingUk