“A Lovely Treat on Our Weekend Away !!!”
Review of The Spice Merchant

The Spice Merchant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Watchet
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
WEST MIDLANDS
“A Lovely Treat on Our Weekend Away !!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My Friends and I first tried The Spice Merchant while on Holiday last year.
We were so impressed that when we returned to Minehead this year, We made sure that we
booked the Resturant for Saturday night.
As last time, a First class servive and Lovely tasty food.
Cosy surroundings and the staff are very efficient and friendly.
We made the 10-15 minute drive from Minehead and it was well worth it.
Thank you.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SUNSHINEWestMidlands

Brighton
“the best curry I have ever had and that's saying something!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Loved this place.We have scores of curry houses in Brighton and we have wittled these down to two that we order from and this place beats our favourites hands down in my opinion. Lots of layers of flavour, crisp poppodums, good drinks selections to match dishes but be careful... the portions are huge! if you get a take away or want to eat out anywhere, go here first, I bet you will go back by the end of your holiday!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank vanessaBrighton
london
“Ok if you don't mind 2 hour wait for your food”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Booked table for 4 for 8.30. Food arrived 10.00. It was nice, the staff were nice BUT they focused on 2 large groups at the expense of everyone else...i made a comment when paying and they said waiting time was because they were so popular. I would suggest its because there isn't much choice, and also that they tell people to expect a long wait for their food BEFORE they order.

2 Thank MariaDW
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great overall”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was in holiday with my parents and asked the manager what to order as I like to try different things! It was so nice, we went in twice in one week! Lovely staff, great food, good view! I don't know what the bad reviews are on about!!!
Thanks for making our week!

Minehead, United Kingdom
“A little gem in Watchet”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Popped in to this Indian restaurant in the lovely coastal town of Watchet,in itself a really interesting and lively place,and being a very experienced curry eater,I was impressed with the service,quality and overall value.
Would have preferred the Chicken Tikka starter to be served on a griddle but my wife's Shashlik was and very tasty.I had the Lamb Madras asking for "tender" meat as Lamb is often tough in Indian restaurants,and it was very good.Sauce in the Madras tasty and fresh and great Dhall too and they even popped in Poppadums to our takeaway Chicken Tikka.
If you're on hols in the area of MInehead,really good place to go as there are many good pubs in this picturesque coastal town.