“Food Poisoning from Bland Food!”
Review of The Spice Merchant

The Spice Merchant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Watchet
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Went here and when I asked the waiter what he recommended he looked at me blankly. Ordered a mixed starter and fairly spicy dish and it was so bland. Haven't tasted Indian food so spice less before. To top it off we'd barely got back before I started to feel sick and spent the next couple of days (without going into detail) VERY ILL. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We ate here during an overnight stay in Watchet and were delighted by the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. Another man staying in our hotel also ate here and was similarly impressed. We were the first to arrive at opening time but within ninety minutes the restaurant was deservedly full. We ate just after 6pm and were so full that we only got hungry again an hour before breakfast the next day!

1  Thank Carol739
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My Friends and I first tried The Spice Merchant while on Holiday last year.
We were so impressed that when we returned to Minehead this year, We made sure that we
booked the Resturant for Saturday night.
As last time, a First class servive and Lovely tasty food.
Cosy surroundings and the staff are very efficient and friendly.
We made the 10-15 minute drive from Minehead and it was well worth it.
Thank you.

1  Thank SUNSHINEWestMidlands
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Loved this place.We have scores of curry houses in Brighton and we have wittled these down to two that we order from and this place beats our favourites hands down in my opinion. Lots of layers of flavour, crisp poppodums, good drinks selections to match dishes but be careful... the portions are huge! if you get a take away or want to eat out anywhere, go here first, I bet you will go back by the end of your holiday!

3  Thank vanessaBrighton
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Booked table for 4 for 8.30. Food arrived 10.00. It was nice, the staff were nice BUT they focused on 2 large groups at the expense of everyone else...i made a comment when paying and they said waiting time was because they were so popular. I would suggest its because there isn't much choice, and also that they tell people to expect a long wait for their food BEFORE they order.

2  Thank MariaDW