“GOOD EXPERIENCE”

The Spice Merchant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Watchet
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“GOOD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My wife and I have been to Watchet many times but have not visited the Spice Merchant, which now will visit every time. Very friendly staff and good service, dips with poppadum’s were excellent especially the tamin sauce. We had Hatkora mass which is a fish curry and tandoori King Prawns along with Bombay potatoes and Sag Chana. They had Indian beer I have not heard of before and it was very good but too heavy to drink more than one with a curry so reverted back to the standard beer of kingfisher. All in all a good experience and will definitely go again.

“It was what it was”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We had a take away from here. It was OK, no problems, but nothing amazing. Perhaps lacking in flavour a little. I read a review that said it suffered from being the only curry house in the locality, and I think that is spot on. I would certainly eat here again if in the area again - it was a curry, which was what I wanted, it wasn't terrible, but I have had much better. Averagely average.

• Visited August 2014
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My family and I arrived at this restaurant quite early and we're seating immediately and ordered drinks which came promptly.
We all had starters and mains with extras. The food did take a while to come but that didn't bother us as we had poppadums and dips to get stuck into, and also you know then that it is freshly cooked and not sat waiting around. The lamb chops and king prawns were to die for. And also you must try the chicken bonasari I think it's called. It's the best curry I have had in a long time!
You must try this curry house in the sleepy town of watchet.

kent
“Great option in Watchet”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at The Spice Merchant. You wouldn't normally expect to find such a good quality Indian restaurant in a village as small as Watchet, but it's excellent. We were staying at Swain House B&B in Watchet and the owner recommended this restaurant. It was lovely to have such good quality food within walking distance.

1 Thank tunbridgewells
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Staff were welcoming, efficient and professional. Price was reasonable, Liked everything we ordered.

Visited August 2014