“Watchets up market cafe”
Review of Chives Deli

Chives Deli
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Watchet
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Feeling hungry before 9:00am in Watchet is a problem. Most cafes are closed until 9:30. Not Chives. Open at 8:30. Good inexpensive breakfast menu. Ordered bacon and egg sandwich. Served quickly and good quality bacon. Only downside. SLICED BREAD. better in a roll or at least on a slice of decent bread

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We popped into Chives at 3:10pm hoping to have a drink and a bite to eat. I had my daughter in a back carrier, which takes quite a lot of effort to take off, I took it off and got settled then picked up a menu at which point an older lady came over and said they were only doing drinks and cakes. I was not very happy as its quite a task to put the carrier on again! I think they should put a sign up saying that the kitchen closes at 3, it clearly states that they are open until 4pm which causes great confusion!! This is the second time this has happened to me and It's a real shame as the gentleman who works there is extremely friendly and helpful. I don't think I will be going there again and I won't be recommending it to friends either.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stopped here on a trip on the WSR a little later than intended due to delayed trains so very pleased to find they were still serving food at 2.30pm. The four of us had soup (x2) the hot dog and a jacket potato. All came promptly and service was very friendly. food was delicious - will certainly call again when we're in Watchet.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Nice clean place good lunch menu and reasonable prices. Nice friendly staff. Near to Historic harbour and steam railway

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Pokey and disappointing service. there is not much room to move around with tables so close together. Loo is really strange.