“A great asset to Watchet!”
Review of The Corner House

The Corner House
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Watchet
Cuisines: Diner, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent corner cafe during the day. Good varied menu all food and drink is of good quality and value. The owners and staff are extremely friendly and give everyone a cheerful welcome, which continues throughout your visit. Good location with corner views over to the harbour.
We were lucky enough to be there on the first weekend that they were bravely trying Friday and Saturday evening bistro openings. We were glad that we tried that. Excellent menu well prepared and presented and portions were ample. It was nice to have vegtables cooked to be soft but not mushy. We did comment that beans were, in contrast, very "al dente" and saw that quite a few customers left these. I am sure it was how the chef saw them correctly presented. Small errors occurred due to early teething problems but nothing to spoil an excellent evening and put right very quickly.

A really welcome addition to the dining scene in Watchet. I wish them every success for extending these evenings in the future. If you are in or near Watchet when these evenings take place I would recommend you try. I am confident that you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank Delighted_Client2014

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were on holiday in the Watchet area this week and looking for a lunch venue.
Found this cafe to be welcoming, clean and with a varied menu.
We both decided upon breakfasts (served all day) and my Hubby stuck to traditional English while I had the Canadian. We both enjoyed our food ~ good,tasty ingredients and I particularly enjoyed the generous portion of maple syrup to pour on top of mine!
We had tea and received a pot each which was lovely!
Found the service good and would recommend this cafe for an enjoyable meal.

2  Thank AllieT23
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This cafe was recommended so we tried out. Husband had Ploughman's. Was nice but with 2 large baguette rolls, butter would have been very much appreciated.
My chilli and chips looked good if it had not been for the hair sitting neatly upon the top of the chips!!
I straightway pointed out and waited for another plate. It was almost 10 minutes and the portion was much smaller :(. That said chilli was nice but wished I had chosen rice.

Although Canadian style breakfast is advertised, the British Canadians have moved on.
Loo was clean - the receptacle for used hand towels has to be opened with hands though.
Probably wouldn't revisit.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

An annual visit to Watchet, we frequented the same places. Unfortunately we were a little disappointed with the Corner House this time. The service and effiency was good and the restaurant was very clean. However the coffee was very disappointing, they have a good machine but I think they are using poor coffee or operator error. The cakes were tasty but if you haven't got a decent coffee it doesn't work.

2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you fancy something a little different, try this little cafe. I absolutely love the coconut lattes here. Staff are very friendly and it has a laid back atmosphere. It's Canadian theme gives you something you can't get elsewhere. This is my little getaway. I love it

2  Thank sweetpotato25