“Delicious home cooked food”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Watchet
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a traditional family run pub, located approx 100yds away from the marina in Watchet. We serve a variety of local ales and cider, plus Carlsberg, Guinness and a good selection of wines. Our Guinness was quality approved by Diageo in April 2014 and we were named pub of the week in The Daily Telegraph guide to the best of British pubs" pint to pint"in October 2013, in April 2016 we were also named one of the top thirty pubs in the country by The Daily Telegraph. Food is served daily with freshly battered cod and chips a speciality, plus the new award winning selection of humble pies, and our homemade lasagnes, curries and chilli.Open all day from 12-00, food is served every lunchtime and evening, except for sunday and Tuesday evenings. We hope that everyone has an enjoyable experience whilst visiting us. We are happy to welcome dogs into the pub, they have even been known to have one of our locally produced sausages purchased for them, but would ask that they remain on a lead, under control of the owner and seated on the floor at all times, drinking water is provided for them in the courtyard garden.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed in Watchet, Somerset, for a 4 day break. We visited the Bell Inn, as it is dog friendly. We ate there every day as we received a warm welcome and found the staff very friendly and helpful. Every day there is delicious home cooked food available and the Sunday roasts are excellent. There is a good choice of desserts and I can recommend the apple pie. This is the only pub I have ever visited which takes the trouble to warm the glass before serving the excellent red wine. I enjoyed the 70’s-80’s music playing in the background and will definitely be visiting again.

2  Thank Pat B

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Had a couple of meals here recently with visiting colleagues. Fantastic steaks cooked to perfection. Great service from friendly staff. Im told the beer is first class. But as I drink cider I can only comment on the Rattler. Which had the desired effects.

1  Thank GW130857
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A pub with a great atmosphere with very helpful and friendly staff. The fish and chips is the best and largest i have ever had. Have also taken dog to the Bell on several occasions and been most welcome.

2  Thank Tony R
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Visited the bell for an amazing roast dinner, the staff were friendly and I had a right laugh with the landlord!!! I took my two dogs in and they were comfy and watered and made a right fuss of!! I will be back!!

1  Thank Debbs110175
Reviewed 23 February 2014

After just buying a house in a neighbouring village we popped in to Watchet for a drink. The beer was very nice and staff very friendly.
A nice warm homely pub with a open fire.
Will be back :)