“Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Watchet
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am an ex-pat living in Canada, and last September (2013) I visited my cousin in Somerset.....We went for Sunday lunch at Ralegh's Cross Inn on the 1st Sunday of my visit.....It was very busy in the restaurant which was understandable, but I was very disappointed in my carvery lunch as I had the roast beef, and it was very tough.....I had to leave most of it ! A real shame, as I have been there on previous visits, but don't think I would be back again.....I also got the impression that the staff were really rushed.....

1  Thank Midget159

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This pub is local to us and so myself and my family used to be regular visitors. We visited at Christmas and were given a leaflet with different offers for different months throughout the year, Februarys offer been a 1 child eats free for every adult meal bought. So myself and 6 other adults and 3 children descended on the pub for a family lunch just this afternoon. We ordered 7 carverys and 3 kids meals, followed by 8 puddings. The kids had Sausage and chips and all said that the sausage s did not taste nice. The carverys were all very nice with a good selection of nicely cooked meat and loads of veg and the puddings were also tasty but took 45 minutes to arrive, by which time the kiddies had completely lost interest.
When settling the bill we handed the coupon to the bar staff who informed us that the offer of 'Child eats free with full adult meal' had been revoked and no longer stood?! Yet my in-laws had taken full advantage of the January offer just weeks earlier. The bar staff showed no concern let alone apology and sadly this attitude seems to be standard across the whole pub except the very friendly man doing the carvery.
Its so sad that I remember this pub when I was younger as a family friendly, local pub that welcomed farmers for a pint and visitors. It seems that the new owners are more interested in cashing in on passing trade forgetting that actually the locals will be the ones who keep his pub open throughout winter months.

4  Thank milarki
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The most excellent carvery - good value, great meat, perfect vegetable selection. Do stop by if you are in the area. Wed / Fri / Sat / Sun.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Food served piping hot, great service, family friendly atmosphere - great apple pie & clotted cream - yum yum: )

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stopped at this pub, as we've had lovely meals here before and it makes a lovely break on the way to holidays in Devon.
Sorry to say that this time, the food was very disappointing when it eventually arrived. The menu has changed (now larger) but the food appeared to be out of packets or tins and not the "higher end" sort of packet either! Pork pie on the ploughman's was greasy, Ham was processed, burger in the bun overcooked, dry and rubbery. Chips undercooked and soggy but the peas were grey.
To cap it all, they charged us £2 for two glasses of squash for the toddlers!

We won't be going back.
Sad - another lovely Exmoor pub gone down the drain.

3  Thank LE W