“Excellent weekend break for the family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watchet
Doniford Bay Holiday Park - Haven
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent weekend break for the family”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have just returned from the park after a 3 night stay, It was a last minute decision to choose Doniford Bay park, but we were very assured after reading some recent reviews. Both our kids aged 14 and 9 have thoroughly enjoyed their time there and so have we. Our accomodation was upgraded , which was a brilliant surprise for us and we found it really impressive and neat. We had also booked online for 11 / 12 activities for the kids , and that was a good bargain. We did book more activities at the park too. The climbing , high Rope and leap of faith, bungee trampoline were all enjoyed and ALL water the activities were very well organized. I have to say all the staff are really very friendly and helpful. The pool was very neat . If i have to pick on a suggestion I would probably suggest more changing rooms at the pool. The floor near the pool was cleaned after very session and the toilets were also neat. Even though the beach is not a sandy one, it still is a very good experience for the kids to see so many little creatures in the rock pools (Only when the Tide is low). The live lounge entertainment was up to the standard and very enjoyable. We would have loved to see the Panto, but unfortunately thats only on some week days. The fish and chips was super and the kids would have happily had it again on the second night. It is indeed a blessing not to have the wifi in the caravan, as if it did ,every one would have had some sort of a screen in their hands!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Doniford Bay H, Guest Relations Manager at Doniford Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your review; it’s a pleasure to read that you had a great time staying with us here at Doniford bay.

It’s fantastic to read that you and your family took apart in so many different activities during your stay. It sounds like you really took advantages of what the park has to offer and enjoyed everything you did which I am delighted to read.

I have passed your comments on to our team; they are delighted to hear them. The team do their best to ensure every guest has a fantastic experience! It’s also nice to read that you had fun using the beach.

The team and I hope to see you again in the near future and thank you for choosing Doniford Bay.

01984 632423

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have just returned from a week at Doniford Bay staying in a chalet. First impressions of the park on arrival were very good. Clearly the park is, on the whole, well maintained but there are some areas where a little bit more tlc would not go amiss. There was a damaged fence on the approach road, the post barrier around one of the play areas had lots of posts missing and the chalets externally definitely needed some TLC.

Aside from the above, which are minor in my views, the park is excellent. The chalet internally was very clean and functional, exactly what you needed for this kind of holiday. They have people picking litter, cutting grass and doing everything to make the park look great every day. We had 2 small maintenance issues, both of which were dealt with promptly once reported.

We purchased an activities pass as part of the holiday and we used it all. My daughter did loads of things and the activity and pool teams were great and made everything fun for the kids and adults alike (they even got me up the climbing wall).

All the staff at the park were friendly and polite, there was nothing that seemed to be a problem for them. The other people staying there were all happy and friendly too

We will be returning here, possibly next year if my daughter has her way!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for leaving a review about our park. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you found the inside of your chalet to be clean and functional. I will pass your comments on to our grounds team with regards to the park presentation as they work very hard to ensure the park looks welcoming and fresh for our guests.

I am delighted that your daughter enjoyed taking part in the activities run by our Sports and Leisure team.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope t see you and your family again in the near future.

Great Missenden
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night holiday at Haven Doniford Bay. It was a last minute booking in a prestige mobile home for myself, my 2 children aged 11 and 9 and my mum aged 89. The caravan was amazing with a decking area and sea views. The park was really pretty and well kept with lots of play areas for the children and benches for the adults to relax in. The park is in a wonderful spot and well managed. We purchased an activity pass which is such good value and my two children used the high ropes the climbing wall, karts and bungee trampolines. In the evening we all did the bingo, watched the kids entertainment and games. The fun star team we amazing and made this holiday for my children. The pool and slides were also great. In fact we enjoyed it so much we tried to extend our stay but they were full. This was such great value for money and the best park we have been too it was small enough to be friendly but large enough to have lots for the children to do. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Always go for the largest mobile home you can afford and ask for one with decking
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Doniford Bay H, Guest Relations Manager at Doniford Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review of our park, it’s great to read that you and your family enjoyed your time staying with us here at Doniford Bay.

I am very pleased to read that you found your holiday home to be amazing with its extra features of having a balcony and a sea view.

It’s lovely to read that there were plenty of things to keep you and your family busy during your stay from the Funstar entertainment to the Sports & Leisure activities. I have passed on your comments about the team; they are delighted to hear your feedback.

I am delighted that you would like to return to us in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me on the details below to set up your next adventure.

The team and I look forward to seeing you all again soon and thank you for choosing Doniford Bay.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Had a groupon voucher and spent the day. It was a fab day. I was very impressed by all staff who were v friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I would def be considering a longer stay in the future. The site was v clean and facilities fab. The kids weren't bored once

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review of our park.

I am very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your day trip at Doniford Bay and took full advantage of what activities and facilities we have to offer.

Thank you also for your comments about the team, I have passed these on.

We hope to see you all again soon (hopefully next time it will be longer!) and thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Just come home from a 4 night stay absolutely fantastic will deffo be returning the fun stars are a credit to doniford bay my children loved bex and aidan all other members of staff were all very helpful and happy can not fault anything with this park

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Doniford Bay H, Guest Relations Manager at Doniford Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for your review of our park. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Doniford Bay Holiday Park.

It is lovely to read your comments about our Funstars and the rest of the team, they work extremely hard day and night to provide a high level of customer care to our guests to ensure that they have an great stay and go home with some fantastic memories.

Thank you again for your feedback, we would love to have you back again soon.

London
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I find myself in agreement with most of the recent posters here.
We usually take a Haven/Hoseasons holiday every summer, and have tried a different site every year for the past 8 or 9.
Doniford Bay is most certainly the best in many respects. Such a tranquil, clean and well laid out park, in a beautiful part of the country. Even though this was the first week of school holiday, we still felt far from the madding crowds, found at more popular resorts further West.
The staff were unfailingly polite and friendly, entertainers, bar staff, reception, cleaners, and of course the lovely chap on the front gate, who gave us a cheery wave every day. Huge thanks to all, it really does make a difference to feel like a valued customer. Of course it should be the standard everywhere, but seldom is.
If the kids are happy, we are happy, and there was plenty for them to do. Pool areas are nice and clean, and lots of play areas, where we were happy for them to run around unsupervised.

In the interests of a balanced review, the downsides;
The beach here is really not very nice. Haven's brochure makes no secret this is a rocky beach, but it is quite a harsh, uneven limestone pavement, not good for rock pooling or paddling.
We took our dog, and in line with most parks, the caravans which allow pets are usually the budget ones. Pretty cramped, and if you are an adult, thinking of sleeping in one of the twin bedded rooms, be prepared for a tight squeeze.
The park is pretty remote from any town or outside facilities. You really need a car to get the best out of a holiday here. The nearest pubs and restaurants (in Watchet and Williton) are no more than a 5/10 minute drive away, but nothing really in easy walking distance.

We would definitely recommend this park to others, though not sure if we would return here next year. We packed quite a bit of sightseeing in for one week. It is a fairly quiet area, and the kids felt we had pretty much 'done it all', as far as local attractions are concerned.
But it is a great base for the natural beauty of Exmoor and the Quantocks, maybe next time I'll just bring the dog, and a pair of walking boots.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

Thank you also for your feedback, we are always looking to improve the facilities on Park and guests comments & feedback sometimes highlight areas that need attention.

I am pleased that you found the park to be clean and it also had a nice feel to it. The team on park work hard to make every guest feel welcomed, relaxed and comfortable during their stay whether it being the service they provide or how the park is kept.
We do have a sandy beach in Minehead which is roughly a 15 minute drive from the park. Our beach is a rocky/ shingle beach which is great for rock pooling and fossil hunting.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have just returned after spending a week at Doniford Bay. All in all it was a great holiday. The park was clean and well kept. The play areas were great for our girls. We felt the whole site seemed very safe and we were able to give our kids a bit more freedom than normal as it was a smaller scale park which made you feel more secure. My daughters both loved the swimming pools and spent most of their time going on the water slides. The entertainment team were good. It was my youngest daughters birthday and they got her on stage and got everybody to sing Happy Birthday which made her night. All the Activity Staff were very friendly and had my daughter laughing away taking her mind off how high up she was whilst doing the high ropes. The Spar on site is quite expensive. Think hubby paid £3 for a small jar of Mayo! The Fish & Chip Shop was always busy, good value and tasty. The restaurant was very good too. We had great weather which enabled us to do a lot of exploring. We visited nearby Watchet town, Minehead, Dunster and Porlock Weir which are all lovely places and recommend a visit. My daughters also loved Watchet beach for crabbing. Would definitely recommend this park to friends and family and would go back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of our park.

It’s fantastic to read that we exceeded your expectations of Doniford Bay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be very welcoming and friendly. The team do their best to ensure all our guests have a brilliant holiday and go home with some special memories. I shall be passing on your comments to the team; they will be delighted to hear them.

I am pleased that you took full advantage of the transport and attractions we have to offer in the local area. The farm next door is a great place and caters for all ages whether you go to see the animals, views or for a spot of lunch.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

01984 632423
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watchet
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hotel
Burnham on Sea Holiday Park - Haven
White House
White House
#3 of 6 in Williton

Been to Doniford Bay Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!