“ideal place to stay if you like fishing”

Laburnum House Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Huntspill
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed there for four nights in September and cant fault the place. Went fishing to local venues every day. Breakfast every morning was very good, with a good choice, and plenty of it. Rooms were very clean and tidy. Would recommend to anyone. Some of our party also used the swimming pool and found it very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank brianc4621

Reviewed 5 December 2013

For me this place was perfect for my three night stay with a friend. We arrived on the Saturday evening and enjoyed a peaceful and restful sleep in this rural feel location. As my friend had taken a long journey to meet me it was important that I could find somewhere close to the motor way but also in a nice location. Our stay exceeded expectations. The manager Dave and his barman were happy and friendly and the bar area has a great feel to it with a smart but relaxed atmosphere. On the Sunday we enjoyed the most delicious lunch that I can remember, the restaurant was busy and it was obvious that many of the customers were locals and regulars as the waitress was serving them on first name terms and and seemed to really enjoy her job ( nice to see this ) the quality of the food was exceptionally good and we ate two courses - there was a vegetarian option of nut roast which was perfect for me and good old fashioned apple pie to finish. My friend had roast beef which came with all the trimmings! and great selection of fresh veg. I really couldn't fault the lodge/room - private, peaceful and clean and cosy for a great night sleep - I would certainly recommend for a convenient business stay or a short family break - also noticed that there is plenty of space outside for recreation. Hope to be able to return soon.

Room Tip: Our room was just right - parking is easy and just a stone throw from the lodges.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Visited for a meal. Fantastic cooking and all very clean. Liked the rustic country house feel of this place very much. Beautiful surrounding countryside which is perfect for a quiet getaway. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for peace and quiet in spades. They even have a clay pigeon shoot on site....a true country pursuit open to everyone. Our son had a go and loved it. You won't find anything like this anywhere else for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pauline P
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed at Laburnum House again recently (for 2 days in October 2013). As always I found the staff accommodating and friendly. I was made to feel welcome and showed around the hotel and to my lodge.

My room was a warm and spacious and (being outside lodges) I could come and go as I pleased. And every morning there was a nice breakfast in the main building.

Yes, some comments here are negative, but I did not notice the various "faults" by previous posters. My room was clean, as was the bar and restaurant. Outside lodges in a rural location - by their nature - are going to get the odd cobweb and stuff...

Personally, I found the hotel to be perfect for my needs. A good place if you want a bit of privacy and rural seclusion.

And it isn't a chain, but a family run business....

Room Tip: Maybe book a standard or deluxe room, as opposed to a budget one. Like everything else you DO get wh...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gurdyboy
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I went to Somerset for a family funeral and we stayed here, what a hospitable place this is. We stayed in bungalow 22 it was very clean, warm and had everything we needed. Our breakfast's were superb the two ladies both cooked well.
We forgot this was carnival weekend and asked David is order us a taxi, but none available....He made no fuss just took us in his own car. When we got back early evening and wanted to go to village for a meal once again David took us and brought us back because it was quite dark down the lane...Above and Beyond.
When we tried to give him some money he refused just requested we make a donation if we wanted too for the local church in a box he has.
We would stay here again, as travellers we have stayed in some awful places this was a gem.

Room Tip: Our family group had 3 bungalows all were very good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank joanie1331
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night & had chalet 18 which was lovely, very clean, smelt nice & comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful, staff friendly & pool was fine . Other reviews have slated this place but our experience was good! Maybe we was lucky? It only cost £56 for one night for 2 people including breakfast. We will stay again & leave an updated review as things maybe different. You get what u pay for.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ICTHUSOVENCLEANING
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my family (wife and 2 kids one aged 3 and one aged six) stayed for one night in a family room. Overall very pleased. Big room with double and 1 bunk and great electric fire. At the end, a conservatory style extension with a settee and recliner chair and a decent sized television (32"). We ate at the restaurant on the evening and the good that was served was well above average. The staff are all friendly and talkative as was the owner. Overall. A great night stopover. Breakfast was to a 3 to 4 star standard with a wide variety of cereal and then a cooked breakfast. Would definitively return when I'm in that area. As with some of the negative ratings. The hotel must've taken heed and sorted out any respective problems. 10/10.

• Stayed: September 2013
#1 of 1 in Highbridge
Benton House
Benton House
#1 of 1 in West Huntspill

Been to Laburnum House Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!