“a solo walker overnight”

Sundial Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wheddon Cross
Sundial Guest House
London, United Kingdom
“a solo walker overnight”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

An excellent B and B, and very friendly and engaging hosts. Nothing too much trouble, but nor intrusive.

It's right on the crossroads, but actually road noise not a problem, though I suppose it might be in high summer.

Can only endorse the positive comments of other reviewers, concerning rooms and breakfast etc

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank John M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at S H with my guide dog, dogs not accepted normally, but there was no problem with my guide dog. The welcome was fantastic, the food was excellent, nice sitting area and afternoon tea. Just the best place to stay and value for money superb.

Thanks for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: All very good!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Having visited this lovely B&B on many occasions we have never been disappointed. From your arrival to the time you leave nothing is too much trouble for Margaret & Steve. They are great cooks and very knowledgable about the local area - there is lots to do and enjoy. After a day out you really appreciate a fantastic 3 course meal expertly prepared and served by them. We look forward to returning soon to sample some more of your fine cuisine and great hospitality.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LizzieB_05
newport newport
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Have now been visiting this fantastic b/b for 6 years. Why keep going back? Very friendly hosts,spotless,great walking country,excellent breakfast AND 5* evening meal. It is also worth popping over the road to The Rest and Be Thankful pub. If anyone knows a better b/b please let me know!

Room Tip: All rooms excellent
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We'd enjoyed a short break at Sundial House a few years ago, and decided to make a return visit at the beginning of July. Happily, it's just as welcoming and scrupulously clean as we remember. The evening meals were delicious - even better than before - so it's definitely worth adding dinner to your B&B stay. Stephen and Margaret are excellent hosts and have made Sundial House a delightful place to stay.We're hoping to come back again soon. Book in - you'll love it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

This review is part of my 12 week walk. Facebook Mike Lejog. Arrived after a day's walk to receive a warm welcome from Margaret and Steve. I had a single room of adequate size with a great power shower. Just love that. I was served tea and homemade carrot cake and had a nice chat with my hosts. The local pub was close by where I had my dinner. It was good. There was fresh milk available in a mini fridge for tea/coffee. Next morning at breakfast I had fresh fruit and a delicious yogurt. Then perfectly cooked scrambled egg. Margaret and Steve were very welcoming which always makes the difference. Of the 15 places I have stayed so far this is in the top 2!

• Stayed June 2013
essex
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Old fashioned customer care is what drives the Sundial guest house and I cannot praise highly enough the hosts here. I returned with my wife over the May bank holiday weekend to see if it was possible that the incredible attention and service I had enjoyed last autumn could possibly be repeated.

We were in no way disappointed. Stephen and Margaret are outstanding proprietors, nothing is too much trouble and they are polite, friendly and very very helpful. That is to take nothing away from a very comfortable guest house with good food, an excellent bedroom, a lovely lounge for the use of guests and a bright and charming dining room. We were lucky to have very good weather and were able to enjoy the breathtaking views and the lovely garden too. Wheddon Cross is a very tranquil village in the heart of Exmoor, but there is a good Pub serving food opposite and a petrol station with a largish supermarket close by, so you are not isolated.

The attention to detail in the house makes every day seem special, fresh cut flowers, tasty local produce, everything clean and spotless. I have no doubt that we will return to enjoy this wonderful place again in the foreseeable future, and I cannot wait.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Sundial Guest House? Share your experiences!