“Kent Honda Owners Club had a great stay”
Review of White House

White House
Ranked #3 of 6 Williton B&B and Inns
Kent, England
“Kent Honda Owners Club had a great stay”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

14 people with 10 motorbikes stayed for 4 days and 3 nights at the White House. The rooms were fresh, clean and comfortable; the breakfasts were excellent. We were made very welcome and had a great time. An added bonus was the visitor lounge and bar together with secure, off-road parking to the rear for our bikes. We would not hesitate to recommend the White House to anyone and would certainly come again.

Room Tip: The outside courtyard rooms are particular good for those who have mobility problems.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I recently stayed again at the White House for a family reuninion with my brother and sister in three single outside courtyard rooms. This is the first time I have been in the courtyard but it was fine. Comfortable beds with piping hot water for a bath/shower and heated towel rail. My sister was in an adjoining room to me and my brother in a separate room. We were all very happy with our accommodation. It was lovely.

A few weeks prior to this I also stayed with a friend in a twin room in the main house (not for the first time)! It is always very clean and comfortable and Shelley is always very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. A great lady!

Planning to go back again for a couple of nights later this month if we can get in. This place is highly recommended. The breakfast is plentiful and very appetising too so I don't think you could do better in the area!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Travel a lot for business and normally stay in hotels, I found The White House close to a business location and tried it out, having stayed in some other B&B's in the area, I have returned to this one a number of times. Shelley is very pleasant and nothing is too much trouble, lovely comfortable homely feel and a great breakfast (no matter what time - earlier than most others). Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Hubby and I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a wedding in June 2013. Chose The White House as the photos of the rooms looked lovely, and the break was very much needed for us so we wanted to stay somewhere special.
We booked a 'Premier Superking' room in the main house (which cost a bit more), but when we got there we watched the couple in front of us get shown upstairs while we were shoved out into a courtyard room round the back of the hotel. The room looked nice but was small, cold and a felt a bit damp with just a heater to warm the room up (which didn't look too safe!). I spoke to the owner about the situation...she didn't seem too bothered that I wasn't in one of the rooms I had booked, and even looked a bit put out when I let her knew that the courtyard rooms are cheaper, so would be paying a lower price. At the wedding later, the couple who checked in before us said they had originally booked a courtyard room, but rang on the way there to change it to a main house room. This was obviously our room. Nice.
Breakfast was ok, hotel was decorated beautifully, hotel was in a great location for St Audries Park (which is a fabulous location for a wedding). I'm not a person who stays in posh hotels all the time so don't have ridiculously high standards, but was just disappointed when the experience wasn't what I had booked!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Courtyard!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rocknewt
Bournville UK
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The White House is one of the best B & Bs I think we have stayed in. We stayed a few years ago and enjoyed it then but it has since changed hands and I think it is better now than before.

The rooms are lovely and when we arrived we were upgraded to a four poster room. The room was at the side of the property so away from the main road at the front which I recall was quite noisy last time we stayed.

My only criticisms would be that the TV is far too small in the room and there were no poached eggs on the menu for breakfast.

Other than that I have no complaints at all. Very friendly greeting and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: Any room at the back or side.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Happy Southern
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Me & partner had a wonderful stay down at the White House. The owners were very welcoming & very knowledgeable with regards to local information & days out. room was of a very high standard. Excellent variety of local produce for breakfast. Will defiantly stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank missteddywheels
Somerset UK
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I had the single room in the courtyard, for just one night. It has been updated since the current photo by the way, very smart. Very ingenious use of small space, (in old stables of this historic building) giving plenty of room for one person. Lovely breakfast, and friendly Shelly - didn't meet anyone else. The drawback in the heading applies only to this room. I was dismayed to find that the hotel's only designated smoking area was in a covered shelter immediately at the door of my room. I was assured that there were no smokers in residence, thank goodness. So I don't know whether smoke would have seeped under the door into my room. But if I had had to run the gauntlet of smokers as I left my room, I know I would have found it nauseating. Surely it is against the law to have a designated smoking area so close to a door which non-smokers will use?

Room Tip: See my review!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Josquine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williton
Castle of Comfort Country House
#1 of 2 in Holford
St Audries Bay Holiday Club
St Audries Bay Holiday Club
#1 of 2 in West Quantoxhead

Been to White House? Share your experiences!