“Very very disappointing. Very unfriendly staff, poor quality rest-rooms, tiny tv and very basic breakfast for the price”
Review of White House

White House
Ranked #3 of 6 Williton B&B and Inns
Somerset
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Booked this hotel after reading great reviews, but felt I had to leave my own ( first) review to warn other people what to really expect. We go away just a few times a year, and so the small rooms and small - I mean really small- bathroom was a disappointment. The owners were unhelpful to say the least, and did not seem interested in the customers at all. The decor was drab, and the TV tiny : so small that there was no way to watch it from the bed, which was the only place to sit. Actually, I don't want to be untruthful, as there was one chair at the desk, so I suppose one of us could have sat at then desk and watched TV, but we couldn't both watch it.
I would like to say something positive in my first review, but I honestly cannot think of a thing to say about this hotel: suffice to say that Watchett, about 5 miles away, is a lovely little place with some good alternative accommodation, where we will be staying next time. Breakfast was very inflexible, their way or you are out of luck. Way over-priced for what you get, so I would not recommend this one at all. Hard to understand some of the other reviews, so much so I wondered who had written them.

Room Tip: We were in the main hotel, which is supposedly better, so I cannot recommend a room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank selfraisingflour
Rampieo, Owner at White House, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Same person as above.They wanted a free night away with extras, which they did not receive, tried to blackmail our small family run business, it did not work, then we get unfair reviews. We appreciate constructive criticism. but this is just beyond a joke!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for two night short mid week break and were very satisfied by the standard of accommodation.Our room was in the main house and was a nice blend of function and character,but it was the hosts we were most impressed with they seemed genuinely welcoming and attentive, will definitely use again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here for a weekend while visting the area. At check in we were welcomed by the owner and showed to our room. Our room was at the back of the main house and was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The refreshments tray had the usual things you would expect (tea, coffee, milk etc) and also, chocolates bottled water and a choice of fruit teas. The room had everything we could of wanted, and was also clean and peaceful. Breakfast is extensive - cereals, toast, tea, coffee and orange juice as well as hot breakfasts (full english or any variation you fancy!). In the room there was a list of recommendations for places to eat locally, we tried two on the list and they were both very good. This hotel was a perfect spot for exploring the area and the owners can't do enough to help. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We booked a courtyard room online at the last minute, and the welcome was very warm. The room was well-dressed and furnished, but felt a little damp. It could benefit from double-glazing, especially the door, which opened onto the outside, as the sound of traffic on the road kept me awake. The shower was warm and powerful but the whole bathroom could do with a re-tile and general upgrade. An extractor fan would be especially beneficial- we didn't want to open the bathroom window as it was raining. Both the tea-tray and breakfast were excellent, however, catering even to my strange dietary requirements! We would definitely stay again but pay the extra for a room in the main house.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main house which is beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kate J
Southport
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before my nephews wedding at neighbouring st audries, the new owners have made lots of improvements to the white house.
Te miy and I really enjoyed our time here as the owners made us feel really welcome worth a stay if your visiting the area.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

stayed for 2 nights before family wedding at st audries park. family live in bicknoller and watchet so ideal location. new owners since last stay and they have really made their mark! lovely scented candles throughout and soft furnishings in lounge hallways and bedrooms make it so inviting. stay topped off when shown to our room and found four poster bed!! would definitely stay again

• Stayed September 2013
Le Bugue, France
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I always look forward to my 2 night stays at The White House when I am visiting my elderly mother who lives just around the corner. A warm and friendly welcome awaits me, I have my usual clean and attractive room and enjoy a lovely breakfast. It is a perfect combination.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williton
Castle of Comfort Country House
#4 of 14 in Watchet
Washford Inn
Washford Inn
#2 of 5 in Washford

Been to White House? Share your experiences!