“Sunday evening meal at KFC Wincanton”
Review of KFC Wincanton

KFC Wincanton
Ranked #20 of 26 Restaurants in Wincanton
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Despite the restaurant being less than half full, we had to wait over 10 minutes to place our order, only one member of staff serving at the counter. Food was off indifferent quality, chicken not properly cooked. Unlikely to call in there again

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I wouldn't normally bother writing a review for a fast food restaurant for I think I'll take exception here. This is by far the worst KFC I've ever visited. On entering there was no sign of any staff, no prepared chicken ready in the display cabinets and no one actually sat down eating (this was 12:30pm). A queue quickly built up as staff seemed to be concentrating on serving the drive thru and when one individual did start serving it took ages to take the orders. Another wait for the food and I was glad to get out of there. Even the food itself wasn't up to their normal standards - Avoid!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is the best KFC in the West of England. It is modern, clean, the staff are always more friendly and efficient than other KFC's, there's always loads of space to park. Another real benefit to me is that it's usually pretty quiet, so you get served very quickly. This isn't because of any problem with standards or hygiene, quite the opposite. It's because it's too far outside the town center for people to walk in and, here's the best bit, it's not signposted off the adjacent A303. Eastbound traffic don't see it until it's too late to turn off and Westbound traffic doesn't even know it's there. Brilliant for us as customers because it means it's not heaving and filthy like some KFC's, particularly the next one eastbound at Solstice Park which is a hellhole.

Instead you get KFC like it was meant to be. It's always a joy to pull the short distance off the A303 knowing I can park right outside, I'll be served quickly and my food will be hot. The staff must have enough time to keep the place spotless, unusually for a fast food outlet, and are of a far more friendly, engaging disposition as a result.

Okay, it's a fried chicken, fast food outlet, not haute cuisine, but then you wouldn't go there if you didn't like fried chicken would you? Actually, reading some of the previous, very unfair reviews, that seems to be exactly what some have done. Look people, if you needed to stop here because you were hungry and tired and aren't used to 'slumming it' with the rest of us fast food affectionados, don't complain when you don't get your usual restaurant standard meal - IT'S A FAST FOOD OUTLET!!!

Personally, I love KFC and this is certainly the very best outlet in the West, if not the country.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Been there a few times. Usually get some part of the order wrong and 40+ minute waits are not unheard of.

3  Thank Fleszka
Reviewed 22 September 2013

If you ever find yourself in Wincanton, unlucky !, apart from Lidl, Morrison's and this very modern and stylish looking KFC that's it I'm afraid.

As you approach the restaurant you can't help but think, great this is gonna be good, and then you walk in, bearing in mind that I went in at 12.30 on a Saturday there are 3 tills but only one was being used by the same waitress, who also handled the collection point, when I finally managed to order my fast food, it took 5 minutes to arrive, in addition the table layout means an easy quick exit is unlikely, people did pop their heads around from the cooking/preparation area but only to gawp, this is easily the most disorganised and slow fast food restuarant I have ever been to, which I suppose is in keeping with the town and it's sport centre.