“Rubbish-coaster Restaurant ”

Rollercoaster Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 12 Restaurants in Alton
Description: Rollercoaster Restaurant is set below a vast rollercoaster track where diners can watch as their order tackles two gravity defying loop-the-loops before dropping 8 metres down the tornado spiral to their table. Each diner will enjoy a full 360˚ dining experience at one of the 13 tables and will get to select from the brand new menu of family favourites.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

DO NOT GO HERE FOR FOOD

This is possibly the worst restaurant I have ever been to and that includes fast food places like McDonalds, the food here is absolutely terrible.

It is all just a gimmick and you pay a premium for the delivery system which is like feeding livestock with an automated system for an extortionate price for a limited choice on very basic food.

The food comes down in metal bowls with plastic lids on secured by elastic bands and on rails, this causes the food to sweat and seem almost steamed rather than cooked and because the food ‘rides’ the rails to get to the table by the time it gets to you it’s a mess.

Which could have been forgivable if it actually tasted nice but we had simple burgers, which were in sickly sweet damp brioche buns and they obviously have to stack them upside down to stop the burger sliding apart too much in transit to your table.

If you want to see the gimmick of food being delivered to a table with a rollercoaster type system then by all means go in and have a look but there is better tasting food at more reasonable prices to eat at in the park.

1  Thank MACE_6013
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Rollercoaster Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi MACE_6013,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that you felt the food was not as you expected, we will pass on your comments to the Restaurant Management.

Alton Towers Resort.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife, myself and my two kids booked a table here for our final night in Cbeebies land. We were of aware of the concept, and the restaurant living up to its name by having the food arrive to tables on rollercoaster style rails. We were greeted at the door and brought to our table and the waitress briefly talked us through the order tablet. I went first and ordered a drink and burger and chips, then ordered for my two kids and my wife then ordered her food. My drink swiftly followed, then my burger; it was really, really moist and the chips were really dry and felt heated up, my kids the same, but their food arrived long after I finished mine, our drinks arrived after we had finished. Our table was full with plates so they're was nowhere to put the tablet, my wife leaned it against the railed behind our table, a male waiter then came over and abruptly asked "Whats that doing there?", to which my wife replied "there was nowhere on the table to put it and no-one was available to take it (the waiting staff were at times sparse), he then said "that will fall over and break" and took it away without saying anything else. It then dawned on me that the waitress who brought us to the table wasn't particularly pleasant and when we queried the lateness of the food with another waitress, she just said "I'll check", overall the staff seemed fed up being honest, although the food we got was generally sub standard, the cherry on the cake was my wife's order, I cant even remember what it was, I think it was some kind of chicken curry. Also, there was bins next to each table where all the leftovers where being dumped, so there was a big bag of rubbish and old food next to our table.

We got our bill and it was £64!!!!!! I've had take away food that was of a much higher standard, I think we're all meant to be blown away by the fact that the food arrives on rails! We then paid without receiving so much as a grunt! Avoid, like you would the plague.

2  Thank briankehoe27

Hi briankehoe27,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy you time at our Rollercoaster Restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tasteless food, never arrived all together, drinks arrived after we had eaten, very expensive for what you get, dirty table, staff didn’t seem bothered whether you were there or not

1  Thank Marion G

Hi Marion G,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy you time at our Rollercoaster Restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved the themeing of this place. Brilliant concept. Food good, Staff friendly, Pricing, about right. A few little things could be better. I pad tablets, temperamental. Tryed to order on two orders, The I pad would not have it. Food for all on the table didnt come together. This was explained to us, and I did expect it , but I cant see why, if ordered all together, this cannot happen. It does in an ordinary restaurant. Think this can be tweaked to get it better. I didnt mind the wait, as I was entertained with the surroundings, but the others who had their meal early felt embarrassed eating... I had a steak. No steak knives provided. This made it difficult to cut and did spoil a bit of my meal. AT the end of us eating, our main meals were just left on the table. We ordered the sweet, and mostly ate the sweet, before it was cleared. This is a pet hate of mine. It wasnt exactly THAT busy... I would have thought that ordering the sweet would trigger a member of staff to at least LOOK at the table. At the end of the meal we ordered a hoodie. Nothing happened... We eventually call someone over for the bill and had to ask about the hoodie. This was sorted, but surely a thing on the menu saying "Please ask for assistance" might help. It sounds like I am moaning, but we had an amazing evening and a thoroughly good time. I just feel that if this restaurant can improve these few comments (and I am sure they can,) Then I would definitely give it a 5 star review. In brief. Get the tablets working 100%, provide steak knives, clear the table and a little more communication between order and on the floor staff. However, good job Rollercoaster team!

1  Thank Max2469

Hi Max2469,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your whole time at our Rollercoaster Restaurant.
We are sorry that you were left with dirty plates on your table and you were not given the correct cutlery to eat your steak with. We will pass on all of your comments so they can be looked into further.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came to this restaurant to see the concept of food arriving by 'rollercoaster'. In practice, this didn't work so well - the food had receipts attached to show you whose food was whose but they often fell off, leaving people opening containers to see if it was what they actually ordered. You also have to spin the table round to get rid of the holders for the containers - the other groups at my area didn't bother doing this so we were constantly spinning it! Because you order through an app there's very little service interaction. It's got glaringly bright, colourful lights and is loud - in addition to music there are sporadic Alton Towers ads.

Several common items - chicken curry and thyme chicken - were out of stock. My sister's chicken burger was lukewarm and 40 minutes after ordering, I hadn't received any food (by this point the rest of my group had all eaten). After querying this, my carbonara arrived but it hadn't been heated, it was just grated cheese on top of some pasta. This was sent back and I eventually received the same dish; it had been heated and a pile of rocket had been stuck on top of it. It was advertised as a chicken and bacon carbonara - it had 2 small pieces of chicken, no bacon and just tasted like pasta and cheese mixed together and microwaved. I should point out that this wasn't a cheap meal - £13 just for the carbonara!

We had been planning to get dessert but after this we just left - will definitely not be visiting this restaurant again. I just want to stress that the customer service staff we did speak to were sympathetic, and they did take the carbonara off our bill, but that didn't make up for the poor experience overall. Save your money and go somewhere else.

1  Thank Caitlin M

Hi scaredycait,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time at our Rollercoaster Restaurant.

We will also pass on that other guests were not made aware of how to get rid of the holders.