The Malthouse B&B
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$360
Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel(Uttoxeter)(Great Value!)
US$114
PremierInn.com
White Hart Hotel(Uttoxeter)
US$194
US$186
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsalton towersfour poster bedroyal oakpicturesque villagehome from homelovely warm welcomephoned aheadwelcoming familycuddly toywet roomevery morningcomfortable stayalton areawouldn't stay anywhere elsebed and breakfastminute drivestayed here for two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have stayed at The Malthouse on 2 occasions now, both after visits to Alton Towers and I am never disappointed!!
After a long day at the park, we were greeted with a very warm welcome from the owners. The location is perfect, the rooms are clean, tidy and well equipped for your stay, with lots of personal and homely touches too.
Breakfast is top notch and if im honest, one of the best fry ups we have ever had!
The value for money and service provided is great! We will be returning for a 3rd time next year!
ps - the beds are SO comfortable!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
themalthouse, Owner at The Malthouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

We just love to welcome guests back for another stay and of course we can't wait until these guys come back for their third visit! As we are a B&B It's REALLY important that our beds are comfy and our breakfasts are great so we're pleased to know we didn't disappoint. It's also good to hear that our guests feel they are getting good value for money. Thanks for a great review, hope to see you again soon. x

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Knew from the minute I booked this B&B I wouldn't be disappointed! When I rang to enquire about availability, the lady taking bookings couldn't have been more friendly, or helpful! Me and my daughter stayed for 1 night (6th sept) while visiting Alton Towers. After arriving at 6.30(after a VERY wet) day at the park, we were shown to our room. (Looking like 2 drowned rats). It was warm,cosy,and equipped with everything you could need. Even an iron and ironing board! We stayed in room 1, which had lovely views of the country! Breakfast was PERFECT!!! Set us up great for another long day at the park. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah D
themalthouse, Owner at The Malthouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

It was fantastic to have such a lovely Mum and Daughter stay with us. We're glad they enjoyed the views, breakfast, facilities and of course their visit to Alton Towers. Hopefully we will see them again and will cross our fingers for better weather next time!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed in this B&B when visiting Alton Towers. It is run by one family who were all actively involved with the B&B and guests. Breakfast was fantastic and very flexible.

I would def recommend staying here with your family , it is clean, friendly, flexible and 5 mins from Alton Towers.

Ps - get the bus ....no parking problems and you get dropped off and picked up right at park entrance....fab !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GForce72

Thanks to this family for adding their review. Recommendations are always appreciated! We're glad they enjoyed their stay with us and hope to welcome them back.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stumbled across the Malthouse B&B for last minute accommodation for a 2 day trip to Alton Towers for our son’s 11th birthday treat (2 adults & 2 children aged 11 & 8). I booked by telephone (although online booking is available) as I wanted to be sure the bed listed as available online was still available. Spoke to a very friendly lady who was totally un-pushy about the booking and asked if I needed more time then to have a think and call back later. I made a judgement call there and then and booked the room. So glad we did. The B&B itself is immaculate, well presented and clean throughout with wonderfully established gardens and clean surroundings. I’d mentioned on the phone about my son’s birthday and in our room upon arrival was a birthday card personally addressed to him, signed by all the staff and a small but gratefully received gift. It really did make the start of the experience and it’s the small touches like this that mean the most. The bedroom we stayed in was perfectly presented, clean, fresh and everything & more that you’d expect.

We ate in the White Hart pub in the evening and found it to be very competitively priced and very good value for money. The meals at the White Hart were ~£5.50 each and I would have expected to have paid over £10 for what was served. Really good food and half what you’d expect to pay elsewhere. Thoroughly recommend the White Hart for food and drink, and the owners were extremely pleasant too.

The staff at The Malthouse B&B were just so pleasant & friendly throughout our stay and the breakfast was perfect, if not the best part of all. Perfectly cooked, expertly served, top quality food - almost everything you could imagine was offered/available and we didn’t eat again until we got home later that night some 11 hours later. Thank you for being part of our mini holiday, it really was a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
themalthouse, Owner at The Malthouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to add your review. We're really glad you enjoyed your 'mini holiday' with us, it was our pleasure to look after such a happy family and be part of a birthday celebration. Breakfast is really important to us, so it's good to know that it was good and kept your family going for so long! We're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. It would be great to see you again!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed here a while back with my partner. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the village and surrounding area.

There were a lot of notes left around the room with warnings about charging you extra if you spoil anything or touch anything that shouldn't be touched (e.g. a spare bed in the room was apparently off limits) which is why I only rated this 4 stars. I found it a little passive aggressive. Don't let that put you off staying here though, just a minor point.

Room Tip: Being a B+B I only saw one room and I am sure every room has individual charm.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
themalthouse, Owner at The Malthouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thanks for adding your review. Like you, many of the guests that stay with us are visiting Alton Towers. As we're in the village of Alton and only one mile away from Alton Towers, so location is pretty handy if you're visiting the theme park. As you say we are friendly and we really enjoy chatting to our guests, we want our visitors to enjoy their stay here. We always leave plenty of tourist information in our guest bedrooms as well as an information book that we have put together. Our air is to ensure that our guests make the most of their visit to the area and as there is lots to do we want them to come back and see us again! The vast majority of people that stay with us are extremely caring and would not dream of causing any damage to our property or disturbance to others. However, after a couple of very unfortunate incidents we have found it necessary to give information regarding after departure charges, unacceptable behaviour etc. We are sad for the need to have such policies but hope our visitors will understand that unfortunately they are necessary. The vast majority of our guests enjoy their stay with us and many return time after time. We hope to see these folk again too!