“When it's right it's excellent when things go wrong Alton towers aren't interested.”
Review of Alton Towers Hotel

Alton Towers Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Alton
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Went to Alton towers for a 2 night stay. We are fortunate enough to have stayed at this hotel many times. Things are not always perfect but on the whole we usually have a great time. I understand the hotel is run by humans and it's a business, you can't please everybody all the time. However this time was the pits. The drilling and banging started at 9.30 on 14th, it continued throughout the day but we only popped back into the room for a short time between breakfast and going to the water park. On returning back to our room just after 5.30 the drilling was even louder. After 25 mins and a phone call to reception who promised to look into it and get back to me ( never did) the drilling and banging stopped. Sounded like it was it in the next room. Next morning my alarm call at 8.30 was the drilling starting again. I phoned reception again and this time somebody did arrive to the room thanked me for my 'feedback' and apologiedI had been woken. Too late now I was awake in a a bad mood. She stated the noise was as they were making "fantastic moon rooms". She was concerned they were working after 5.30pm and made a note of it to speak workmen. So our 2 day break was ruined on both days. Alton towers knew this work was being carried out on these days but didn't warn there guess at any time. They think guess phone the reception at 8.30 complaining about drilling for two days is 'feedback'. Don't think I will be seeing the fantastic moon rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachael E

Reviewed 13 February 2013

really disappointed after an overnight stay here the weekend just gone... all arrived and checked in, staff were really friendly and helpful, got our room and was impressed, we had a 7yr old and a 6mth old baby and cot was in the room awaiting us.Checked out the hotel and decided on a plan of action, booked my wife into the spa for her nails doing which was also nice.
Why are you disappointed I hear you ask?
Well from here it was down hill, went to La Flambos all you can eat restaurant, omg the food was garbage, so much so that all I had was soup and then called for the manager, the meats were tough, the set up abysmal, curries and most food looked processed, at £19.95 per head you expect more, this was not for me or my family, you couldnt hear yourself think as the live entertainment was directly above, they may as well have had the band on my table.. spoke to the manager and she was incredibly apologetic and refunded our money, we then we went to the alton towers bars... again although not as loud the music was incredibly loud, why dont they have a bar which is quiet?? I just dont understand!
Went bed which was spring sprung, lumpy and noisy so not a good nights sleep which is ironic as they sponser the bedrooms by silentnight, the corridors were like being in a youth hostel and I think it was only the fact that I was so tired I eventually fell asleep.
Breakfast in the secret garden was ok actually, then we spent the day in the waterpark, the water was quite cold and not enough seating areas and people very agressive when it comes to seating etc, only 3 slides and queues for upto an hour each...
On a high this was a special offer and despite the above was worth the money of £74 inc B&B and waterpark
Lows... all the above and not somewhere I would rush back to, better to stay in a premier inn closeby, I'm sure some will enjoy but not for us. Shame really!

Room Tip: not sure, only stayed at alton towers side
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Me and my Boyfriend visit the Alton towers themepark on average once a year. Last year we decided to stay at the Alton Towers hotel for a night as a treat as it is quite expensive for our usual budget. I am really glad that we decided too!
The staff were lovely and welcoming and I loved the fact that you could leave your baggage with them and they took it too our room whilst we went to the themepark! The room was spacious, however as we were on the ground floor at the front we had a view of the Carpark and a hill so I would not recommend these rooms for views. I found the overall hotel to be very clean. The pond and gardens of the hotel were well maintained and we got some fab photos! The complimentry breakfast was more than enough till last us till tea time the next day and the handy bus service that runs from outside the hotel to the train station was great as neither of us drive!
I will be back to stay again in a few years!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not on the ground floor at the front
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha R
Reviewed 31 January 2013

had a great time at the hotel the water park was amazing the kids really enjoyed.
the food at both breakfast and dinner was really good with a really good buffet for both. we will go back again next year

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GRAY123456
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This was my first visit to the hotel and after reading bad reviews on here I'm surprised they had such a bad time! I took my boyfriend as a treat for his birthday and it was fab! The room was clean and the staff were very helpful! Although I agree with other reviews that it could do with a refurb!!! There were a few hick ups like the TV wasn't working but they quickly fixed that for us and we had a bad experience in the spa during a treatment but this was also smoothed out as we were offered vouchers to come again. We ate at the secret garden and the food was lovely! The breakfast was also lovely, just what I needed so I don't know what all the bad breakfast reviews are about but I guess it cant be everyone's cup of tea! I would recommend and visit again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fairy2929
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This place seems to be getting worse by the day. Dirty and disorganized. We also stayed when the fire alarm went off and the staff did not have a grasp of the situation. The evening entertainment is also unorganized with some patrons more interested in getting sloshed instead of controlling their kids, an example of this was the area where they were showing a film and kids running riot whilst parents were in the bar. Breakfast tables dirty. When at check out, I was told to fill in the touch screen for feedback. It would be better if issues were addressed with a senior member of staff at the time of check out instead of being asked to fill out a form. Alton Towers? Faulty Towers more like.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Excel101
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed here while on a business trip with work. There was about 100 of us staying over. We had meetings on the fist day - great dinner and tea/coffee/snacks provided inbetween. No complaints as far as im aware.

We had a full on awards ceremony in the evening which was fab followed by a 3 course meal and free bar. The pool facilities are bloody brilliant. Breakfast was spot on wide choice. We were all seriously hungover the next day - however work had paid for us to have VIP for the Alton Towers park so we had to go! I got around 4 rides the was really ill so travelled home. Rides and hangovers do nto mix well.

Rooms were clean and presentable. Would definately stay here if i was to visit on business/pleasure!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Splash Landings Hotel
Days Inn Stafford
Days Inn Stafford
#3 of 5 in Stone
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
Enchanted Village Lodges, Alton Towers Resort

Been to Alton Towers Hotel? Share your experiences!