Alton Towers Hotel
US$124
US$124
US$120
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel(Uttoxeter)(Great Value!)
US$114
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,798 results
All reviewsexplorer roommoon voyagethe secret gardentheme parksplash landingswater parkalton towersevening entertainmentthemed roomsfamily roomsingle bedpirate shipmy daughterwoodland walksanta sleepovercbeebies landstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Didn't really have many high expectations for this hotel but I was proved wrong.

Stayed in a theme pyjama family room - 4 adults and 2 kids (2 year old and 3 year old). Kids absolutely loved the themed room so ur was definitely worth paying the extra amount. There was certainly some pros and cons. But all in all I wld def come back again for a family holiday.

We were also there in a large group for a bday so there was no issues about being abit loud with the place full of hen and wedding parties etc

Pros

1. Easy entry to waterpark and theme park
2. Plenty of entertainment in resort once park closes
3. Themed rooms are great and make a dab talking point for kids I was in the pyjama room but I also saw the Sonic Room which was great for any sonic fans
4. Car park on site and you can leave car and get the monorail to the main park
5. Waterpark is accessed through
6. Good for large parties.
7. Restaurants on site
7. Very family friendly and family focused. Accessibility very good even with buggy

Cons
1. Maybe not suitable for romantic stays
2. You cld hear entertainment from the room. The kids were so tired after a fun packed day they slept through the noise!
3. Queue for breakfast and monorail starts early so everyone can make it to the theme park for 9am entry. So get in line early!

Other than the cons fab stay and will go again

• Stayed: June 2014
Charlotte S, Online Sales & Information at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Sumana2012,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate receiving feedback from all of our guests.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Alton Towers Hotel in the pyjama themed room and your children loved it too! We are pleased that you found it to be in a great location for easy Theme Park and Water Park access and enjoyed the evening entertainment available.

We do recommend going to breakfast as early as you can to avoid the busy periods, which tends to be from 8am. The Monorail is open from 8.30am, but we also have a Woodland Walk for Hotel Guests, which takes your from the Hotel, to Forbidden Valley where Nemesis is included in Early Ride Time Access from 9am.

Thanks again for your kind comments. We hope to welcome you back to the Resort again soon!

Best wishes,
Charlotte

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife have been wanting to visit for some time, we finally got the chance last weekend and we weren't disappointed.

We had lots of communication before our arrival and the resort felt very approachable. Check in was quick and easy but as we arrived at 10am our room wouldnt be ready until 3pm, this was expected so we received our park tickets and were on our way.

After a long day at the park we made our way back to the hotel and got the keycard to our room without any hassle. It's worth mentioning now that all the staff we encountered at the check in desk were very friendly and polite.

Our room had everything we needed and the bathroom was very clean with modern furnishings. The only criticism would be that the rest of the room looked a tad dated in comparison. The bed was comfortable and we were provided with plenty of pillows and towels

Whilst there was no air con the hotel did provide a fan which we used as it was a hot evening.

We ate in the splash landings pizzeria as we wanted to see the other hotel and wanted a light dinner, we were seated straight away with a view of the waterpark and received good service, as with the check in desk the staff were happy, Polite and asked how our day had been/plans.

The next day we went for breakfast where there was a decent selection of cooked/continental with both reasonable quality. We checked out early which was as quick and easy as check in so that we could take advantage of the early ride times that come with prebooked park tickets which was well worth it, even though only a handful of rides are open it meant we could ride Nemesis/Oblivion a few times before joining the q for the smiler. It was a bit surreal walking around with only a handful of people!

Overall we had a fantastic stay and enjoyed the service the hotel provided. Whilst the hotel does provide a lot of services for children it is still a well run and professional hotel at heart and suitable for all.

We will definitely be back in a few years when our little girls are old/tall enough to enjoy it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter F, Online Sales & Information at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear thewho14,

Thank you for your 5 star review on Trip Advisor!

We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Alton Towers Resort, and enjoyed your weekend in the theme park.

We pride ourselves in offering a fantastic memorable experience for all our guests, and we're pleased you experienced a swift check-in, a clean and comfortable room and enjoyed your meal in Paradise Cove Pizzeria. We also take great pride in our staffing at the Resort, and so we're delighted to hear your comments.

We are currently undergoing a phased refurbishment programme throughout the Alton Towers Hotel which shall address your comments regarding our rooms.

We thank you for visiting, and look forward to seeing you at the Resort again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were disgusted on return from our stay, we went on their website and gave detailed feedback and the auto response promised a response in 10 days....That was 14-days ago.

Please read my feedback below and consider before shelling out nearly £300.

Very Unhappy at the quality of the hotel room (room 256) and the assistance of hotel staff. Below is an overview that I would like to discuss with the hotel manager at his/her earliest convenience.

We paid just short of £300 for a 2 day break which included theme park tickets and a hotel stay with breakfast. Within our party my 4 year old son has Cerebral Palsy, a mild version but does have a certification and a blue badge. On arrival at the hotel we were unable to see signs for disabled parking nor any disabled parking spaces, we ended up having to park in the Splash Landings car park and walk over to the Alton Towers hotel to check in and get our tickets. I was somewhat surprised that there appeared to be little obvious focus on disabled parking. Nevertheless we had an enjoyable day on Saturday at the theme park despite the terrible weather and did benefit from the special wrist band to allow us to fast track the queues and save my son the issues of queuing and standing. We returned to the hotel around 6:30pm for the entertainment (Disco), we were not particularly impressed that it was simply a CD playing some music. Perhaps I was expecting more given that it was on the board as entertainment but I was expecting someone to be leading entertainment/disco with the children. Just an observation given the perception that I took from the board advertising entertainment. We were given the keys to room 256 around 7:50 and when we arrived in the room it was like a sauna, it was dreadfully hot and beyond uncomfortable. I immediately called reception and had to wait almost a minute to be answered. I explained the problem with the room atmosphere and state that the wall thermostat was at 5 degrees yet the room was still stiflingly hot. I was promised that someone would look into it. We proceeded to change our children in their bed clothes, they were quite exhausted as you can imagine so with another day in the park on Sunday we wanted them (and of course my wife and I) to get some rest. The problem was the room was so uncomfortable that it was impossible to get the children to sleep. We had the window open and tried the fan but that simply did little more than move around hot air. Around 30 minutes after calling reception I went down to find out how they were getting on with looking into my issue. No one on reception had any idea what I was talking about and they said house keeping would be sent. Two very young girls came to the room and offered the suggestion to open and window, they were though able to tel us the window opened at the top as well as the bottom (which was at least new information). They told us that the room did not have any air conditioning which begs the question why we weren't given this information 30 minutes earlier. The open window did little to ease our problems, the room did not cool down at all and there was noise from outside. The heat i the room then caused my youngest daughter to begin coughing. Eventually we had our children asleep around 10:30pm but the room if anything was increasing in heat. My wife and I tried to go to sleep but we could not, the heat in the room coupled with the noise outside was not allowing us to sleep. We were so uncomfortable. My youngest daughter then woke with none stop coughing (by this point 2 of our 3 children had been stripped of their pajamas to try and compensate for the heat in the room. The heat in the room was affecting my daughter and her throat had gone dry and we eventually had to go to reception again around 1am. The gentleman on reception was able to helpfully allow us to buy some infant oral suspension from the shop (despite it being closed) to help out daughter and I once again complained about the room and the increasing noise from outside. The noise outside now was worse than ever and was caused by staff moving tables and laughing and shouting. i was promised that the staff would be asked to be quiet and I returned to my room. I got my daughter to sleep around 40 minutes later but the outside noise had not been dealt with. In the end I had to shout myself out of the window for people to shut up which eventually did the trick but it indicates the person from reception did nothing. In the morning we had breakfast and checked out, breakfast I must confess was quite good but on check out I again restated my complaint and noted that the evening and weekend was now spoilt. My wife I and had barely slept more than 3 hours and my youngest had lost 5 hours of sleep. The other two having lost at least 2 and been tossing in bed all night. We made the best of it on Sunday but too be frank we had grumpy children and grumpy parents that were absolutely shattered. We ended up leaving the park shortly after 2pm having given up trying to get value from the £300 we paid. I await you contact to discuss this matter. In my opinion room 256 was not fit for purpose and it ruined our stay

Room Tip: Call the hotel, check the room you have booked has air con, if it doesn't don't waste your money
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Ryan B
Peter F, Online Sales & Information at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Ryan B,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

We're sorry that your recent stay at Alton Towers Hotel did not live up to your expectations. We are aware that you have been contacted by our Guest Relations Team, and we hope they have been able to work out a resolution to your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in an Explorer family room which was nice & clean with a comfy bed, TV wasn't brilliant though, also lots of noise from the doors of other rooms (loud slams when doors shut). Staff at reception & in Secret Garden restaurant a bit dozy, we were given the wrong specials menu so couldn't have what we originally wanted, got an apology but would've preferred a discount on the bill!! Glad we got the room half price because would've been really disappointed if we'd paid full price!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hargreaves82

Dear Hargreaves82,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

We're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in Alton Towers Hotel and found your room clean and comfortable.

We're pleased you found great value from using a promotional offer, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Getting a free upgraded room was a lovely surprise and greatfully received. The bed was very comfortable but the pillows were less than good, but I do use feather pillows at home so others might find them ok. The shower was great rainfall head with good hot water pressure.
The bar near the lake was lovely to sit out at so long as you were not in need of a drink. The 3 staff working were just not enough to serve the amount of customers and for a Monday night I find that surprising. There was a large build up of glasses all over the tables that were not cleared until a child knocked a table full over.
I would return as the room was great the breakfast was hot and tasty with lots of choice of cold and pastries too.
Would have loved to take the teddy bear home but £100 is a lot of money for a memento.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nerakb

Dear Nerakb,

Thank you for your 5 star review on Trip Advisor!

We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Alton Towers Hotel, and enjoyed your upgraded room.

We're pleased you enjoyed your room and enjoyed the location of our bar alongside our breakfast offering in the morning. We do offer extra pillows on request from reception if preferred.

We're sorry you found our bar understaffed, and we will pass your comments onto our team to ensure a fantastic stay for all our guests.