US$111
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,893 results
All reviewsthe secret gardenmoon voyageexplorer roomtheme parksplash landingswater parkalton towersevening entertainmentfamily roomthemed roomsbunk bedspirate shipmy daughterwoodland walksanta sleepoverx boxcbeebies land
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in one of the moonstone voyage rooms. Lovely room, was disappointed to see the Caribbean restaurant was shut down, needs updating on the website! Breakfast was good with a wide variety of food and drinks

1  Thank Julie B
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Julie B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are so happy to see that you loved our Moonstone Voyage Room and that you enjoyed breakfast too! We will pass on your comments about the Restaurant on the website.

Best Wishes,
Alton Towers Resort.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed overnight on a Sunday. I arrived very early in the day though (England were playing and I wanted to watch the game) cherry greeter man on the door, checked in at about 11 but couldn’t get to my room so went to the bar. I wanted to order some bar food/snacks, but there’s nothing but Pringles. The next restaurant time was 12.30 and that was for a pizza buffet which I really didn’t want. I had to wait till 6 before I could eat. When I got to my room, which was a family room, I could only find 1 plug socket that the tv was plugged into, if I wanted a coffee I had to unplug the tv to make it. In these modern times and in a family room your going to need more sockets! And that’s the problem, it’s old and in need of a revamp, unlike the staff who seemed to be all kids with very little training. Pick it up AT, you have work to do

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank JC W

Dear JC W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Alton Towers Resort on Trip Advisor.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not have the best of times when staying with us at the Alton Towers Hotel. We are very sorry that you found nothing that you really wanted to eat until later on in the day. We are also sorry tat you only had 1 plug socket in your room as we know this can be frustrating and we do apologise for this.

despite your most recent stay with us we hope that you do visit again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

DO NOT BOOK THE ARABIAN NIGHTS SUITE!

Checked in on the Friday, stayed in the couples suite, Arabian Nights theme and had a few issues with our stay there.

Things did not start well with an exceptionally long wait to check-in; after a very long drive this was not appreciated and could have easily have been solved with more check-in staff especially as it was around 17:00 hours and they should expect most people to be leaving the park to check-in at around this time of day.

The room is very basic for a ‘suite’ with a very uncomfortably firm mattress on the very large bed, which makes for a bad nights sleep.

The water pressure is constantly very up and down, which makes for irritating and uncomfortable use of the bathroom facilities.

The decor is dated, dirty/dusty and very well worn. With broken lights, window locks that don’t work (good job that this is not a family room) a curtain tidy hanging out of the wall.

The empty fridge looks dirty as it is stained orange on the outside from what I can only assume is years of use and there is no safe for valuables in the room, so you have to take all of these into the park with you as well.

The television did not work at all, told the blank looking receptionist the following morning; who’s response was to ask if we were checking-out (so I guess that it wasn’t going to be a problem anymore if we weren’t there)?!

I informed her that we were staying for another 2 nights and that we were off into the park, and I had to ask if someone would be looking at it for us while we were out for the day as I believe she thought that was the end of he conversation.

We returned to find that no one had been to see to the television, we got ready to go out for food and informed reception again but this time it was another receptionist who said that it would get looked at straight away while we were out.

When we returned again later that evening, we found that we were still having the same issue with the television not working, I wasn’t even sure if anyone had been so I rang down to reception to check and a porter came with a bag of bits which unfortunately despite his best efforts still did not work.

So we gave up on that ever working again and there is a lounge which seems like a waste of space as we never used it and there is no reason to use it.

The room could do with a massive overhaul, air conditioning, clean and working electrical appliances and plumbing.

The room would also benefit from some soundproofing, as the walls despite being on the forth floor are right next to the evening entertainment which is neither romantic or relaxing in the evening.

On the plus side the jacuzzi bath tub is a very nice touch and needed after a day around the park and the complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolates are also very much appreciated even though we don’t drink.

The queues to check-out were huge again, so much so that I was not prepared to wait to speak with the manager to complain in person as I was losing my proverbial by that point and it may have just come out as a load of expletives by then!

Staying the hotel was good in that it saved us time getting to and from the park, the complimentary breakfast and early entry were also very good and an excellent benefit. However I wish that I had saved myself some money by staying in the cheapest room, rather than wasting it on what they advertised as a ‘suite!’

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MACE_6013

Dear MACE_6013,

We are very sorry to hear that you did not have the best of times when staying with us.It is very disappointing to hear that the room was not upto the standard required and we do apologise for this. This should have all been sorted before you had checked in and we are sorry that it took so long for you to check in. We also apologise for the situation with the TV, this should have been sorted straight away and not have to ask on 3 separate occasions about this for it still not to work and we are sorry about this. We are glad taht you did enjoy the Jacuzzi with the bottle of champagne and chocolate. It is disappointing to hear that you had to queue for such a long time when checking out again and we are very sorry about this.

Despite this we hope that you do visit again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came back today from a one night stay with my husband & 9 year old son. We had taken advantage of an offer on a Moonvoyger Room on a B & B basis only.
I had read previous reviews & worried, but perhaps some people expect the Moon on a stick - or we were lovely.
We were wowed by the hotel decor. And the lifts - scary if you don't read the notes in the doors. Very quirky!
Room decor & layout was great, BUT I do have to say that although we didn't hear the entertainment (we were in Room 309 - do you don't hear all the downstairs noise), fellow guests were very inconsiderate when talking on the corridors & slamming doors.

Note for Management: I'd love to see some polite notices about reminding guests that some other guests may be sleeping. Most people just forget their surroundings.

The staff were lovely & helpful too.
If you have children under 16, this is a great hotel
Splash Landings & Cbeebies hotels are great for under5s.
I'd recommend anyone staying at the hotel to have a mooch about as there are lots of quirky bits & bobs.

2  Thank Melanie B

Dear Melanie B,

We are so glad to hear that you had a great time when staying with us in the Alton Towers Hotel. It is great to hear that you loved the layout and we thank you for passing on your thoughts about the noise. It is also great to hear that staff members were great with you during your stay.

We hope you visit again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Returning after a winter break here at Alton that didn’t quite live up to expectations, first time around, have to say really impressed. Staff were extremely welcoming, would recommend that you definitely check in early so you can book your breakfast and dinner slots. You cannot check into your room till after 3pm but if you want a good breakfast time you need to book early. We stayed in the Moon voyager room, it’s a really lovely room and the bonus of bunks with their own tv and game station for a chilled evening meant we could all relax and have a bit of space.
Park was great fun and we are looking forward to our second day.

1  Thank Ebbers77

Dear Ebbers77,

Thank you for giving our Resort a 5* review. It is so great to hear that you had a great time when staying with us. It is great to hear that all our staff were really helpful with you. We are so glad that you love the room and the Park and we also hope that you enjoy your second day!