“Lovely place to eat”

The Bull's Head Inn
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We went here for our evening meal on our overnight stay in Alton. The staff were friendly, the atmosphere was nice and the food was absolutely delicious. I usually despise people who take pictures of their food but on this occasion, it looked so scrumptious, I had to take a sneaky snap!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were staying for a weekend visit for Alton Towers with our friends - really convenient just 1 mile from the Park.

The Inn was really lovely, with very friendly and helpful staff and it had a great chilled atmosphere, the pub and restaurant sections clearly popular with the friendly locals.

The room was cosy and clean but needs a little TLC as the painting and fixtures have become a little tired and worn. The only issue I really had was that the shower was rather weak and under pressured.

I highly recommend eating here. After spending our days at the park we would come back and chill in the bar and then have dinner in the restaurant - the quality of the food was fantastic! We all had different courses and they were all PERFECT both nights. Accompaning their well selected menu are several daily specials and the sticky toffee pudding was my particular favourite!

The Inn is really good value for money, with breakfast included. I will more than happily stay here again for our next trip to Alton Towers.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We recently visited The Bulls Head Inn last Friday (4th July) the food was amazing and quick! The atmosphere was great and the restaurant was full! Everyone was extremely friendly especially the two waitresses one who seemed quite young,however spite being young they were both excellent hosts and very helpful!They were chatting to everyone and always smiling! I would definitely recommend coming here especially on a Friday night- but remember to book it gets very busy!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a great steak in here. BUT we timed it a bit wrong they had a big birthday party in at the same time so the service was a bit slow. Saying this we would probably eat here again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We ate as a family of four and none of us had any complaints about the food. Everything was obviously fresh, cooked very well and was extremely tasty.
The staff were friendly and attentive and it was service with a smile which you don't always get these days.
It's important to reserve a table during the tourist season. We took the advice from their website and booked. I'm glad we did everyone who came in after us had definitely booked and I can only assume that all those before us did the same.
The price overall was much cheaper than if we had eaten at Alton Towers itself but I am unable to compare the the quality of the food as I have not eaten in the restaurant at Alton Towers other than breakfast which I must add was very good.
I would recommend The Bull's Head Inn with confidence and don't think that you will be disappointed.