“Great Restaurant right in village centre!”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Alton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hoi An, Quang Nam-Da Nang, Vietnam
“Great Restaurant right in village centre!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I grew up in Alton and have never before found a place to truly enjoy a great restaurant meal. The Royal Oak has fresh fish - I had squid with chilli flakes and Alioli for a starter and a large portion of mussels for the main. I've lived in Barcelona for a big part of my life so I know my seafood and well done the Royal Oak!

Definately recommend The Royal Oak Restaurant. Taking my mother next week.

• Visited June 2014

Loughton, United Kingdom
“A lovely place to grab dinner!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We visited The Royal Oak on a weekend at Alton Towers.

We were staying nearby in a B&B and chose to eat her because of the reviews on trip advisor. We did not have a reservation and when we arrived the place was very busy but the owner managed to make room for us anyway.

The food was lovely and the portions were huge. I would definitely recommend the steak and the chicken supreme.

• Visited June 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous fresh food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Loved our meal at this establishment. Very busy, which is always a good sign and the tasty platefuls of food spoke for themselves!

Visited June 2014
“Not a pub, not a restaurant, but a great mix of each!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Dont let the outside fool you. It may look like a converted house, but the interior is a nice contemporary environment. The car park at the front is very small, but this is a very minor quibble.

The food is not cheap, however the price reflects the healthy portion sizes and the sheer quality of the food. The burger is literally one of the best burgers I have ever eaten (and I have had far too many), and you can see the care and attention in all of the food including the children's meals which are often poor elsewhere. My only criticism is that the food could do with some veg or something green on the plate.

Still a great meal out.

Visited June 2014
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food - One of Favourite Pub Restaurants”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food here was outstanding. No it is not the cheapest but there is a reason for this, massive portions, good quality, tasty wonderful food. I have never ever seen a meal of Pork Belly quite like it. The service is friendly and it feels like you are on a really proper night out.

Visited May 2014