“Excellent food very friendly”
Review of Alton Bridge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alton
Alton Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Alton
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked in for a meal with friends on sat 9th aug we had a three course meal which was excellent the staff were very friendly and helpful.We will definitely be going back soon.Close to Alton Towers so any one visiting this would be a good place to go , also has a beer garden.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lol1953

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend were down from Newcastle for a trip to Alton Towers, after a long journey down we were starving so on recommendation from a family member we decided to visit. After ordering a drink we asked to see a menu, unfortunately we had missed the service deadline time by 20 mins. However, a few mins later the waiter came back and said he would ask the kitchen. He came back and said although the kitchen had turned everything off, they could still do us a Sunday dinner. We had this and it was very tasty. Staff were all very friendly, definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed to find no food on 17th July for my daughters birthday treat. After having a wonderful Father's Day meal I was looking forward to treating my daughter for her 18th birthday. The usual staff and owners were not around and it did not look good for business.

• Stayed: July 2014
Sandra W, Owner at Alton Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank-you so much for your lovely review for fathers day we are really pleased that you and all your family had a lovely time. We feel very honoured that you wanted to come back and celebrate your daughters 18th Birthday and very disappointed that we were unable to accommodate you on this occasion. Unfortunately due to kitchen improvements we were unable to open the kitchen. We are a new business and are constantly trying to improve our service with customer satisfaction in mind, We did put notices up in the restaurant and on our facebook page to inform our customers of the kitchen closure unfortunately this took longer than anticipated with unforeseen problems related to this. We can only apologise for any inconvenience this caused and hope that this did not impact on your daughters birthday celebration to much. We are now open for food on a daily basis and hope that you will visit us again soon We would advise that for special occasions you make a reservation to avoid any future disappointments, this will ensure that we are aware of your visit and can make sure your experience is made as memorable and enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had many years happy drinking and dinning with David & Ann at the Bridge but now we move into a new era and its looking good,took an old friend down last Sunday who like us had had many happy hour in the company of Frank and Sheila, she like us were impressed with the changes, the new family owners and family headed up by Sandra are so friendly and welcoming and the food was great too, my family and I will I'm sure become very regular dinners, good luck to Sandra and all the family,looks like a fantastic start to a tasty future!!

Room Tip: I would suggest overlooking the river although we did not stay ourselves
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were visiting Alton Towers for a few days staying in a local b&b and we have to drive past Alton Bridge Hotel on route. My husband was adament we would visit during our stay and we ended up eating there on the 2 nights of our trip. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful, the decor is lovely and the food was excellent. They were very accomodating with our daughter and her friend (aged 10), they would be happy for the children to have anything from the menu and half the portion size and of course the price. The girls loved this. Overall we enjoyed both evenings and will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WPERRY
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I called in on the spur of the moment. The hostess and waitress were both very friendly and helpful. We ordered a lamb and a beef lunch. They were both excellent, and the parsnip chips on the top were a lovely addition. The décor was lovely, with old brick, stone and exposed beams. We thoroughly enjoyed both the meal and the friendly atmosphere and will definitely visit again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo M
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I called at about 12.30pm following a long walk around the Alton area after seeing a sign advertising food,there was a man sitting outside with a pint who said it was open,I went inside to the bar and waited for about 5mins before 2 women appeared through the front door who looked like members of staff I asked them if they were open for food and was told they would find out,after another wait another woman appeared to tell me that there was no food just drink at this we left feeling rather disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mick T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Alton Towers Hotel
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel
Splash Landings Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Whiston Hall Hotel and Golf Club

Been to Alton Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!