“Closed down for winter should of stayed closed”

and 1 more site!
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Alton
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have visited Peakstones Inn several times in the last 12 years. But this will definitely be the last, took us over 24 hours to get through to the B and B. Once booked we drove there and we were ignored by a gentleman painting outside. We took out our suit case and walked round the building looking for life. After several minutes he walked up to us and said shes not in, will be back in a while. We sat back in the car and then he came over to the car window and said what name is it I will look were your staying I said the the man that we booked to stay in the B and B as I didn't like the chalets the hot water was dreadful. He came back and said you booked into a chalet to give you more room, I commented and said I wasn't happy but it was ok as my husband was feeling poorly. The lady owner arrived back and came across to the chalet and said that I had a problem with the hot water I replied yes in the past we have. She proceeded to check the water saying it was fine. I said ok, what I should of done was check myself!! Later on my husband was really sick and wanted a bath. I proceeded to run the bath only to find that the water was luke warm at best. I tried running various taps in the sink to warm the water putting the cold tap on the sink warmed it slightly. I had to keep boiling the kettle it took 40 minutes! This is one part of the lovely time we encountered NOT, the room was clean. The pub, restaurant and everything needs cleaning, tidying and updating and the lager was dreadful the pipes need cleaning. Ordered food, nice county pub it was frozen chips , gammon like leather and 6 onion rings for 1.95. Well I actually feel sad that this place has gone downhill I Ive used it or many years to visit alton Towers, But I strongly suggest you dont!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank discottnelson

Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our two children when we were visiting Alton Towers. Being so close it is ideal. The rooms were perfectly adequate and clean. The best thing about this B&B is the service. All the staff went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. If you are going to Alton Towers then make sure you stay here..... You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Recently my wife won a competition to visit Alton Towers so we decided to stay over this time on looking for accomondation on the internet came across the Peakstones Inn. The place was 2 miles from Alton Towers so idealy situated, the accomondation was a chalet for 4 it was clean, tidy and perfect, a full english breakfast was also included in the price. The chalet was a large room had one double bed and a bunk, with en-suite facilities. Margret the owner was a wonderful host and her team were very friendly nothing was too much trouble. The bar was a perfect place to relax after a hard day at the theme park and I would highly recomend this place to stay when next visiting Alton Towers

Room Tip: the chalets are brill there is alos rooms in the pub also for next year she is having log cabins bui...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Clean rooms, great breakfast and great company with the owner at the bar each night. Stayed for 2 nights in one of the chalets during Alton Towers visit and it was perfect - quick drive to the park as advertised! Very happy with the place - great price too.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed here with a friend for two nights on a trip to Alton Towers. It was perfect location 5 minutes away. The landlady was absolutley billiant, very welcoming and helpful. Couldn't of made us feel more at home. The cooked breakfast included in price was nice and there was a selection of cereals also. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable. Would definitely go there again, great value for money.

Room Tip: Opt for a chalet out the back.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Our first time at Peakstones Inn and will not be the last. This is an ideal place to stay, only 5 minutes drive to Alton Towers. We were the first in the park so therefore got to ride Oblivion, Thirteen and Rita all before 10 O'clock! We stayed in one of the chalets which was spotless, lovely comfy beds with clean crisp sheets and clean towels each day and there was even shower gel and handwash in the bathroom. Margaret the owner is really lovely and makes you feel so welcome. The breakfast could not be faulted. My son and his friend enjoyed the evenings playing pool and darts after a very nice dinner in the restaurant and we enjoyed sitting in front of the open fire. Will definately be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank shaza33
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We booked the hotel due to the location next to Alton Towers, very handy. Two adults and two children, aged 9 and 11 stopped here for two nights and to be fair we can't complain about anything. The accommodation served its purpose, which was to sleep and shower. The staff in the Inn were friendly and no request seem to be a bother. The food was typical pub food, nothing to brag about but certainly filled you up after a long day of walking around the park. The Inn itself had a relaxing and cosy atmosphere, which meant we could all just fill up on food and enjoy each others company. Key question, would I go back?, the answer, simply yes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Alton Towers Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Been to Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant? Share your experiences!