“nice little place”

Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Alton
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Nice and easy to find friendly host funky pub with teddys hanging on the ceiling food very good did need to ring to get someone to answer the door but land lady was very friendly.
We were put up in one of the chalets as landlady didn't think it was fare to stay in the pub rooms as they were having a birthday party ideal for 1 night room could do a little bit of up grading but slept OK

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at this b&b for two nights whilst visiting Alton Towers and we would definitely return. Margaret is the lovely owner of this quaint b&b and we had a great laugh with her each evening over drinks.
We stayed in one of the chalets and everything was clean and comfortable.
We really enjoyed the breakfast in the quirky toy restaurant and Margaret was very accommodating to our requests.
Definitely recommend it. :)

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I first visited Peakstones Inn in July 2006 with 2 friends of mine after hours of online searching, trying to find a great deal for somewhere to stay for a few days while we visited Alton Towers.
Margaret, the owner, was very helpful, made us very welcome and we were shown to a static caravan where we were to be staying.

The caravans were ideal for what we wanted and needed. They were clean, self-contained and homely. We spent evenings in the pub, which offers a great range of traditional pub food. All the staff were extremely friendly and only too happy to help. Karaoke is also put on for entertainment when there are enough people, usually on a Saturday night.
The full English breakfast in the morning is fantastic, also with a full choice of cereal, toast, tea, coffee and juice. Breakfast is situated in a room surrounded by teddies, and I dare you to guess how many there actually are. In-fact all of the teddies, astonishingly have been won by 1 person at Alton Towers. This is a very unique and fun room and I’m sure the kids will really enjoy this!

We had no problems with our stay and left on very good terms. In-fact I have been back staying here 2 or 3 times every year since, with friends, some small groups, some large. I have stayed in the caravans, the chalets and the rooms in the pub. All of the accommodation types available are extremely friendly, warm, clean and tidy.

This is an ideal place to stay and I would recommend this to anyone looking for somewhere to get away and stay for a few days when visiting, not only Alton Towers, but also the other surrounding attractions.

I really cannot praise the staff and owner enough for their willingness to go out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Peakstones Inn last Thursday as we were visiting Alton Towers. We arrived in the morning to be met by Margaret, the owner. We were instantly made to feel welcome. We asked if there were a local taxi that could take us from the Inn to Alton Towers to which Margaret replied "don't be silly I'll take you myself!!".
Unfortunately the weather was something to be desired so we decided to leave the park at 3pm and after being stranded in the rain we called Margaret and she picked us up within 5 mins!!
We were shown to a chalet room that was clean, warm and very comfortable with all the usual amenities in place, including TV, tea, coffee etc.
We decided to eat in the restaurant, the food was fresh, hot and the best steak I've had in a long time. There was also a lovely log fire going strong in the bar. Breakfast was again hot and fresh with cereals and english fry up.
Overall our experience was excellent, Margaret could not do enough for us and I would like to extend personal thanks for rescuing us from the rain! We will definately be visiting again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kerry e
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Hi name is Alistair McAlpine,

I have stayed here for many years actually discovered it by accident and have been staying there ever since.

When we first went there we were made to feel so welcome that we felt right at home straight away.
I have always found the food fantastic and the rooms, chalets & caravans clean & comfortable having stayed in all of them.

A plus is the location, only a short drive approx 10 mins from the main gate of the towers and set in beautiful countryside .

If you like lovely walks a hikers path runs from the side of it down to a lovely walk down into the valley, where you can follow a stream along to the left & right a nice walk either way.

Nightime entertainment is provided in the form of karaoke for any wannabe singers, very entertaining.

Also nightime entertainment is provided in the form of a karaoke for any wannabe singers very entertaining.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My name is MR Michael Rees of SOUTH WALES myself and wife and kids have been coming to the PEAKSTONES INN for over 17years.
We know the owner very very well she is helpfull in all ways possible if there is any thing wrong with any of her rooms it will be sorted (asap).
I belive the comments made by narrow minded people to be unfair and untrue.
And to say the food is bad what rubbish the food is cooked to your likeing it is fresh hot,
the beer lager wine is very very good well done 'Mag' some people do not know good food when it slaps them in the face.
The food the staff are all great you could not stay at a better B&B by far ten out of ten.

p s keep up the good work guys.

MR&MRS M J REES.

Room Tip: all rooms are fab.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael r
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have visited Peakstones Inn several times in the last 12 years. But this will definitely be the last, took us over 24 hours to get through to the B and B. Once booked we drove there and we were ignored by a gentleman painting outside. We took out our suit case and walked round the building looking for life. After several minutes he walked up to us and said shes not in, will be back in a while. We sat back in the car and then he came over to the car window and said what name is it I will look were your staying I said the the man that we booked to stay in the B and B as I didn't like the chalets the hot water was dreadful. He came back and said you booked into a chalet to give you more room, I commented and said I wasn't happy but it was ok as my husband was feeling poorly. The lady owner arrived back and came across to the chalet and said that I had a problem with the hot water I replied yes in the past we have. She proceeded to check the water saying it was fine. I said ok, what I should of done was check myself!! Later on my husband was really sick and wanted a bath. I proceeded to run the bath only to find that the water was luke warm at best. I tried running various taps in the sink to warm the water putting the cold tap on the sink warmed it slightly. I had to keep boiling the kettle it took 40 minutes! This is one part of the lovely time we encountered NOT, the room was clean. The pub, restaurant and everything needs cleaning, tidying and updating and the lager was dreadful the pipes need cleaning. Ordered food, nice county pub it was frozen chips , gammon like leather and 6 onion rings for 1.95. Well I actually feel sad that this place has gone downhill I Ive used it or many years to visit alton Towers, But I strongly suggest you dont!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank discottnelson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Alton Towers Hotel
#6 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Days Inn Stafford
Days Inn Stafford
#3 of 5 in Stone

Been to Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant? Share your experiences!