“Nice stay”

Ranked #2 of 12 Alton B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Arrived and drove straight past lol, The sign for Bank House is on the wall in the opposite direction I came from, Parked absolutely fine.
Greeted by Lynn, very friendly and bubbly lady. Showed us to our room which was the Marolyn room, on walking in the bed and the Marolyn decor did give you the wow factor, but if I am honest the decor was not to my taste. I would have loved to see white walls rather then offish red with white flowers. Im no interior designer but I thought it clashed a bit. Lynn gave us alot of information on where to eat etc. Nice to see hot choc in with the tea making facilities. Bathroom spotless! (apart from a big scary spider.. in the eyes of my son lol) Big spa bath which my son loved! After settling in we went to the Bulls Head Inn down the road for an evening meal, very nice, headed back to Banks House, tried to get to bed early as we were off to Alton Towers next morning, soundproofing isnt excellent.. we could hear talking downstairs, doors slamming (fire doors).. At around 9.30ish pm, Lynn tried to check some guests into our room, good job I double locked the door! lol She couldnt apologise enough bless her, I found it funny. Shortly after 11pm Bank House was silent, fell asleep woke up at 7.45am to talking downstairs, shower was nice. Went downstairs for breakfast and it was lovely, came out really quick, nice and hot. Service great. Everything was well organised and in its place. Packed and got out of the car park with ease, turned around in the car park as I was the only left.
Service was excellent, friendly and efficient. If I had to mention a negative then it would be that it could do with a quick hoover under the bed lol. Other then that PERFECT. Would highly recommend and would definetly visit again but maybe try the Ska room next time as that is more 'me'

Lynn P, Owner at Bank House, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thanks for your detailed review of Bank House and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Do hope we see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Ireland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed here with our 5 year old Daughter last week. The welcome we received was outstanding. Lyn, Maurice and Bridget went above and beyond to make our stay as pleasurable and memorable as possible. The Mod room was fantastic! The beds were exceptionally comfortable and the attention to detail in the decor was amazing. The room and in fact the entire b&b was spotlessly clean. When it came to breakfast it was outstanding! Fresh, hot food cooked to order and plenty of it! Maurice went out of his way to ensure our Daughter's pancakes were perfect!! I especially loved the Staffordshire oatcake and Maurice was happy to offer me seconds of these. Bank House is a 5 minute drive to Alton Towers and is the perfect retreat to return to after a fun day in the park. The village is beautiful and Lyn was extremely knowledgeable about where to eat in the village and surrounding areas for our evening meal. My Wife and I were delighted with how our Daughter was received by Lyn, Maurice and Bridget. Quite often children are overlooked but i can honestly say that this is one of the most family friendly places we have ever stayed in, After only 3 days we felt like we were staying with friends. We have no hesitation in recommending Bank House to others and we are already planning our next trip as we can't wait to return.

Lynn P, Owner at Bank House, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
How lucky are we to have received such lovely visitors as yourselves.
It was our pleasure to make a fuss of your little girl, she is a delight.
Glad we made your trip to England a happy one and do hope to see you again.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed one night, the room was very nice and clean.
The bed amazing, so comfy !!
The owner was very nice and everyone was very friendly.
I really recommend this place to everyone!
We will love to stay in here again.
The location is very close to Alton Tower.
Breakfast is included on the price , and the was a various choice of what you could have, everything was yummy!

Room Tip: You can choose from the website the room that you,ll like... They have different room.
Lynn P, Owner at Bank House, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
'Over the moon' that you found us friendly and helpful.
Your review is very kind and generous and we certainly hope to see you again.
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Myself and my husband booked out the whole of the B&B for our wedding night! Lynn and Maurice's rates were much more realistic than our wedding venue and the themed rooms were an extra perk for our family and friends who stayed with us. All of whom have since commented on how fab the hotel was and have already started spreading the word!
We personally stayed in the Marilyn suite which added the extra sparkle to our wedding night, plus the fact that Lynn had decorated our room especially with banners, balloons and bubbly!
We woke in the morning to eat breakfast together where every choice was catered for and the service was speedy!

Lynn and Maurice will go out of there way to try to accommodate your every need, and they'll do it with a smile and of course a bit of banter!

Room Tip: Definitely look at the website photos to choose your room, depending upon if you want romantic, funk...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynn P, Owner at Bank House, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Aww thank you its not often that a bridal party is as much fun as yours was.
We are thrilled to have hosted you and your guests and thank you both very much for your kind and glowing review.
Trust we looked after all your guests(they're such good drinkers)
Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Felt very welcomed to this lovely b&b and perfect location to Alton towers in a beautiful village. It's walking distance to nice pubs and the themed rooms and very original. We stayed in the Marilyn room which was great. I would personally recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014
Lynn P, Owner at Bank House, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Short, sweet and to the point.
Thank you so very much for your kind review.
Do hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a second visit.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Lovely accommodation and the breakfast was outstanding with so much choice. We would love to stay here again. It is ideal for Alton Towers which is about 5min drive away. Lovely village and the people are so friendly. Thank you for a great stay x

Lynn P, Owner at Bank House, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Really appreciate your kind comments.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and we hope to welcome you back for a return visit.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The room in which me and my girlfriend stayed felt quite homely and I enjoyed the stay, the location isn't that far from Alton Towers, it's around a 10 minute bus ride which isn't that bad. The customer service which they provide is very friendly. When we was there we didn't have our breakfast for various reasons but the owner sets out a nice table for you if you're going to eat there in the morning. Their customer service was very friendly and I wouldn't mind staying there again if I traveled up there. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend Bank House to anyone looking for a place to stay in Alton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynn P, Owner at Bank House, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review.
We are delighted that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back next year. Same service guaranteed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Peakstones Inn, Piggery and Friends Restaurant
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
The Warren B&B
The Warren B&B
#1 of 12 in Alton

Been to Bank House? Share your experiences!