“Birthday Meal”
Review of Bit N Cherry

Bit N Cherry
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burton on Trent
“Birthday Meal”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Went for Dinner on Monday for my Wife's Birthday party of 5.
Excellent food with good Veggie & Meat choices friendly Service lovely relaxed atmosphere highly recomended.

“Worth the visit”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good quality honest home cooked food. Miles better than the chains. Try the pie, check out the fish finger sandwich!

Visited May 2014
Burton, United Kingdom
“Great food, disappointing service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I visited the restaurant on Saturday evening. We ordered drinks and were seated immediately. Menus were presented and we ordered our food.

Food was as usual great, unfortunately let down by the service. My plate was almost dropped onto the table, (i took it off the waitress as didnt fancy steak in my lap!) I had to ask twice for the ketchup to go with my steak, also no steak knife offered. Not sure if mains are served with vegetables or if you have to order separately, does not really state on menu. Find it odd that lamb is just served with potatoes and no veg. We were not advised by the waitress on ordering either. Thankfully the lovely barman who seemed to be helping out obliged with a dish of veg from the kitchens.

Waited a while for plates to be removed. Ordered dessert and irish coffee. Coffee came with jamesons and sugar already added, my husband was not asked whether he would like either. My dessert arrived 15 mins after, just as I was about to ask its whereabouts!

Tea arrived with no sugar spoon (had to grab a dessert spoon from another table!) card machine arrived at table with no bill, so had to wait for that also!

Such a shame. The restaurant wasn't busy and the service, or lack of really spoilt what would of been an enjoyable meal.

• Visited May 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“very expensive for average food”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I attended a Birthday dinner and I had fish and chips. My expectations were very high as they were £13.95. I was disappointed that the mushy peas were not 'proper' and tasted like Bachelor's chipshop mushy peas that you get in a tin. You got about 8 chips and the fish batter was soggy. The best thing was the homemade tartar sauce.
Very expensive fish and chips!
Would not return, you can get much better fish and chips elsewhere for a lot less money.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“50th birthday”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Thank you for a lovely weekend 21st to23rd March. Lovely staff. our room was nice,clean bright and fresh. good selection of wines spirits and beers. We ate one night in the restaurant good selection on the menu service excellent,what more could we ask for it was brilliant thank you

• Visited March 2014