“Great food at our new Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Regales

Regales
Price range: US$13 - US$64
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burton, United Kingdom
“Great food at our new Indian restaurant”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

First time at our new nearby Indian restaurant. Service was very good and the decor was lovely. The food was amazing. A very tasty vegetarian dish - cleared my plate. And the meat option was enjoyed by my other half. Will definitely be back.

2 Thank Janet I

“Style Over Substance.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We waited with anticipation as this restaurant was being built & visited on it's opening week. We were greeted by a very plush establishment, & TBH rather overly friendly to the point of slightly creepy I don't need to know my waiter first name as soon as I walk in! I don't want to be jumped on just because I've picked up the drinks menu either!! If I want a drink I'll ask thanks.
The food was overall the biggest let down. The popadoms were small pizza wedge shapes &the pickles though nice though not excellent came in incredibly miserly portions.
My partner had a Chicken Shashlik as a main dish. Again a small portion & worse still under cooked to the point of being nearly raw, & lacking any real flavour.
To be fair I had a mango curry which was very good & something different.
Ultimately though the whole meal cost around 35 pounds with a round of drinks which is expensive for a meal for two, and represented poor value for money. An expensive disappointment.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Craig J
Barton-under-Needwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent, you must try it!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have eaten in this restaurant several times now and each time it has been nothing short of excellent. I have not had my normal korma/ Pasanda at all, I have tried something different every time and can highly recommend the Goan fish curry and the Pathia. The food is not cheap but is well worth a visit.

3 Thank MrsT2014
Sheffield
“Fantastic meal and service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We visited today and have to say it was fantastic! There wasn't anything I could complain about, food & service brilliant!

3 Thank Dawn S
“Great take-away”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great food, nice flavours. Will definitely return for another takeaway and fully intend to try eating in the restaurant in the future.

4 Thank Zoodle_B