“Great value and good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wing Wah
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burton-on-Trent
“Great value and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I love Wing Wah!! Overall the pre-prepared dishes aren't that great but the Teppanyaki, Dim Sum and Chocolate fountain more than make up for it. Great value and I always leave there a VERY happy lady :-)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“felt a little saddened”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We've had some good times here so for our family get together for my sons 15th birthday it seemed a great idea. I booked 3-4weeks in advance to get the 'glass room' as i have autistic twin nieces who require alot of supervision due to their extensive special needs and we did not want to disturb other diners. I did explain this. They cannot eat the food but i was happy to pay for their places. So they wouldn't feel left out and to help them cope with the surroundings we gave them snacks which can eat. We were spoken to about this at the table and the managers comments passed on by a pleasant waitress were harsh. We were told that we could not do this again. i offered to pay again but was left feeling embarrassed and scolded. We were also spoken to about our method of payment and snapped at by the cashier who seemed to think we would not pay fully before leaving because we settled the bill in our 4 groups at the til?! There were 20 of us. Very disappointed by their ignorance towards special needs. We were discreet and respectful and made to feel discriminated against and watched! No tip left!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank fishug14
Derby, United Kingdom
“Very Poor Tonight”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Waited ten minutes to be seated, far too few waitresses and waiters on duty. Thirty five minutes for drinks to arrive. Interestingly customers in front of me left a tip of around £15. The waiter on the till put it in the till and transferred £3 to the tip jar.

I use this restaurant regularly and travel 20 miles to get there, but if am not surer I will make the effort again. The waiter bringing our drinks just rudely slammed them onto the table and walked away. Placed the wine in front of my 8 year old daughter. We'll done. Cheer up or look for another job. .

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“a good venue to try different foods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

if you like to try different Chinese foods then this is the place for you, although they do have chips on the menu! of an evening they have various sweets including a chocolate fountain which my son loves, same choice of sweets in the afternoon without the fountain.
the Wing Wah has recently had a revamp so everything is fresh, the only down side is the Ladies, a little cramped !
If you want a specific time for your meal celebration I would recommend booking a table otherwise you may be given a time span for your meal.
But all in all yes I would recommend this venue although not a place for a cosey romantic meal.

Visited January 2014
coalville
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I went here for my nephew's birthday and it was fantastic. The staff were very friendly we were served and looked after by someone called Simon and seated and looked after by someone called Eva. The food was brilliant and always filled back up as so as it was getting low. The food catered for the whole family and we have some fussy eats too.

Visited March 2014