“Fantastic”

East Lodge
and 1 more site!
East Lodge
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for one night at the end of april couldnt fault the little cottage Ruth was lovely gave us plenty of ideas where to eat and go out the breakfast was lovely ruth brought it over to cottage for us aswell wished we could of stayed longer so much around there to see and do I would stay there again no hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Adev127
There are newer reviews for East Lodge

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was a last minute booking due to an overlap of meetings stretching the day just a little too far so wasn't sure what to expect. I had booked quickly on-line with little research and the room was cheaper than I usually pay... What a joy when I arrived to be taken to a pretty characterful outbuilding, in the secluded garden area, by the very friendly and polite owner (Ruth). The interior was once again a delight and very clean. I would have no hesitation in booking this B&B again and recommending to others. Great breakfast too :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

A friend and I stayed in the Garden Cottage last night. It is small but perfectly formed and spotlessly clean. Ruth, the owner was just lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Weather this morning was horrible but I imagine in the warmer months sitting outside on the patio would be bliss. A little gem and would love to pay a visit again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I was in the area to watch some representative football matches at at George's park and stayed at east lodge for one night with two colleagues. Right from the start the service, good nature and care was prevalent in all that the owner did. So welcoming!

The rooms were spacious and homely (I loved the balcony) and the beds were comfortable.

Basically, my advice would be to have a look at east lodge before anywhere else (including the hilton) in the area. It really is top notch and very good value for money!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Booked a beautiful room at a very reasonable price as a single traveller and was pleasantly surprised to find I'd got a free upgrade to the little cottage in the garden :) Spotlessly clean, beautiful bathroom, and an enormous 6ft bed...very comfy. The attention to detail was amazing...every little thing had been thought of...both in the furnishings and the facilities. Loved having the stable door overlooking the garden...perfect for a summer's evening. Ruth was a lovely hostess. She cooks a fantastic breakfast, with first class local ingredients. All in all, this is a wonderful place to stay :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We booked this direct and was overwhelmed by the warm welcome and lovely cottage that we stayed in (in the grounds of the b&b). We had a perfect stay and hope to return soon. The location was perfect and the owner was full of ideas for places to visit locally. Breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

I booked this b&b at the very last minute due to being left stranded by another hotel. And I'm so pleased I did. When I arrived at 8pm I received a very warm welcome by Ruth and was shown straight to my room in the cottage.
As it was -4 outside and I hadn't given much notice, the room was quite cold but this was soon fixed when I was shown how to work the fire in the bedroom and underfloor heating in the bathroom. I was also provided slippers, a very cosy dressing gown and 2 hot water bottles.
The bed was huge, comfy and had a proper duvet and blanket.
Extensive toiletries were supplied (not the usual cheap rubbish you can get in hotels). The room was also incredibly peaceful and, although I was a single female travelling alone, I felt safe.
I'm typically a very picky guest and couldn't fault it. I'll definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burton upon Trent
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
#8 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Central Hotel
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Cen...
#5 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
The Grail Court Hotel
The Grail Court Hotel
#11 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Mercure Burton Upon Trent Newton Park
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-...
#6 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Riverside Hotel
Riverside Hotel
#1 of 1 in Branston

Been to East Lodge? Share your experiences!