“Not bad at all...”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Not bad at all...”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

On a family visit for my wife's birthday, we found that the staff were friendly and helpful and the starters and main courses were hot, delicious (The spicy chips are divine!) and reasonably priced. They did take a while to bring the food, and it wasn't that busy (There was a group of eight at another table), but it was worth waiting for. The room itself was a little dark for my liking, but clean and tidy, but the background music was too quiet to hear.

The only gripes that any of our group of five had, were that the choice of desserts were limited and of not very good quality, despite being rather expensive at nearly £5 each. Also, after paying our bill, we were expecting around £8 in change (From which we could arrange a tip) but the change never arrived.

All in all, a pleasant experience, but pass on the desserts and give them the correct amount for the bill!

• Visited January 2014

“Birthday meal”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We booked a table awhile back for a family members birthday which happened to fall on New years eve, the booking was for 6 adults and 2 children, 8 yrs and 2yrs for 8pm!!! On New years eve my daughter recieved a phone call to be told they think 8 pm is too late for a 2yr old, but my daughter said this wasnt mentioned at the time of booking, so the booking still stood. We arrived and whilst being shown to the table the owner of Kwei Ping told the 2 yr old ( my grandaughter) to shush because she shouted Nannie to me, we sat down placed our order we waited 50 minutes for our meal, we managed to keep the 2 yr old amused and very quiet during this wait, but felt very uncomfortable. We didnt bother with deserts as we wasnt welcome. Paid the bill and as we left the owner said thank you and my reply was i hope she was quiet enough for you, she said yes she was very good. Will i go there again No. Finaly i must say the lady who took care of our table was lovely and very pleasant to both my grandaughters..

Derby, United Kingdom
“Average Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We ate here on New Years Eve in a group of average size. The staff/owners are warm and welcoming, but the decor is quite tired and has been the same for a long, long time. The food came out to us really quickly and was enjoyable. The portion sizes are generous. We felt rushed as within an hour we had been served, eaten our food and been handed the bill (without asking for it) and hadnt even finished our drinks when it was mentioned to us that the restaurant was very busy and fully booked all night. We were expecting to make more of a night of it than just an hour so it wasn't the relaxed evening we had hoped for.

I would go back again but prefer my local chinese take-away and while at home I can take as long as I like to eat it!

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Average ”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely people, reason for average is that I rated food 7.5 out of 10 which is good.

I eat a lot of nice food all around the world and this is by far the best Chinese in burton
Give it a try

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Splendid Meal”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was in the area on business and did not want to eat at the hotel so found this place on the net.
The restaurant was easy to find and as it was early evening there was only one other couple dining.
Service was very good and efficient and the decor etc very nice. The food was very good, i had the Peking soup followed by sizzling beef and fried rice, i had a couple of beers , all this cost around £20.
Much better than eating at a chin hotel or the brewers fayre type places that are everywhere.
If i am in Burton again i would certainly visit again

• Visited December 2013