“First class meal”
Review of Anoki

Anoki
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“First class meal”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was delighted with my first visit to Anoki. The restaurant looks great decorated in a traditional style with a modern contemporary twist. All the staff are dressed up and we had excellent service from start to finish.
The food is excellent, especially the special grill starter and the lamb chops. The nan breads are lovely if a little heavy. We ordered too much as usual and took the left overs home.
Great stuff, we will be back.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Over priced and overated or just wrong menu choice?”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have driven past the "pink" lights of Anoki on a number of occasions and finally decided Saturday to give it a go (my 11 and 13 girls love a good curry so why not?)

We arrived early 5.30 and took advantage of the 2 for 1 main offer nevertheless our final bill with service charge was £108 (included 4 starters, 4 main courses I large glass of wine, I large Cobra and 2 lemonades). Had the food been amazing the cost would not have been an issue however..... the main courses were OK but I have certainly tasted better.

On the positive it is a very nice setting with great service from authentically dressed waiter/waitresses and very well presented food. The starters were also good portions (and my favourite part of the meal) and with hindsight we could have had one to share between 2 rather than 1 each.

I note a number of other trip advisors rave about the food so perhaps we made wrong meal choices (I had Chefs recommendation Cod and also tried 2 different Chicken dishes that my family had none of which were stunning).but who knows perhaps there are better dishes we didn't find.

Will I go back probably just to see if it was a one off but not in the near future.

1 Thank CheckleyHappyH
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful food”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

After reading good reviews about this restaurant I was expecting good food and a good service. However the food and service I received was shocking. The food was swimming in oil after I had specifically requested less oil. On contacting Anoki to complain I was greeted with a response to not order food from them in future. Bad food and extremely disappointed with the service. Would not recommend. Garry G

1 Thank Indy441
Lichfield
“Rating from not a great curry lover !”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Went for an 18th birthday party meal.great friendly welcome .We all decided to go for a special set meal option.The starters were many and varied but despite warning by waiters to leave room for main course they were too nice to leave.The mains were all the usual suspects and very tasty.Then unprompted the staff brought out a birthday cake for the birthday girl All adding up to a very pleasant evening.

“High quality Indian”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We visited Anoki for the first time this week having driven past it lots of times saying "we should try that place" - they have a lot of very positive reviews and quite rightly so!

Service was great, very pleasant and attentive staff, very polite yet appropriately chatty.
The restaurant itself was very nice inside, you easily forget you're right next to a very busy road!
The food was delicious, both me & my wife tried new dishes we had not sampled before as well as more regular dishes and we found all of them to be absolutely delicious!

A meal with drinks came in at around £85 which isn't cheap, but this is a very good quality establishment and we will definitely visit again!