“Flaming fabulous flaming grill” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corner House

Corner House
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.pub-explorer.com/staffs/pub/cornerhouse.htm
“Flaming fabulous flaming grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

Visited the new Flaming grill loved the new look, very comfotable surroundings. Welcomed by several enthusiastic staff who were keen to seat me and my family . Busy but nothing was to much trouble and was offered full table service. Offered drinks at the table and my waiter Aiden explained the menu. Ordering was easy, steaks came out perfectly cooked with a lovely mushroom and peppercorn topper delicious. Great buzzing atmosphere- we all had a great evening and will recommend the Corner House to my friends and family. Got a voucher for my return visit which was a nice surprise. A super team well done.

“Very average meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

This is my second visit since refurb and was disappointed this time in the quality of the meal , the steak was really dry and bland and my wife's burger was also dry and lacking flavour, the menu promises alot but fails to deliver, nice pub but won't go again until quality improves.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Corner House, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Burtony,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Corner House. Your feedback was of concern and has been passed to our food development team and management team at the Corner House for further review.

Many Thanks

Flaming Grill
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Nice for any meal out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

What a gem this place since the refurb! Excellent food at a reasonable price, service a bit slow but hey it was busy on Fathers Day! As Arnold Schwartzenegger says "I'll be back!" Not the place for posh nosh but excellent plate of big steak!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Simple pub fayre - quality can vary but generally good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have been eating at the corner house for years, since it was the Bill Brewer and I worked across the road. It has recently been refurbished as a grill restaurant and had an influx of new staff and the quality (and prices) have gone up. We used to eat here when we wanted a quick and cheap family meal as we are a family of 5, now we go mainly because of the quality of the children's menu, one of the best we have ever come across. We have three kids and they all like at least two things from the kids menu, with the kids mixed grill (chicken nuggets, sausage, bacon, burger, egg and chips with peas or beans) being a firm favourite. We used to be able to feed the 5 of us for £25 and while that has now gone up to £35 it is still reasonably priced and the increase in quality is worth it.

Stafford, Great Britain
“Good quality food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Arriving at 1800hrs for a meal, there were few other guests, and in the 30 minutes I was there the place began to fill up with other diners. The new menu lacked the "all day breakfast" I had enjoyed on a previous visit, so I selected a burger with Italian meatballs for the main course, followed by ice cream. Both courses were very tasty, and well presented. The staff were efficient and friendly, and overall it was an enoyable experience, and a reasonably priced meal.

• Visited May 2012