“Good value pub food”
Review of Corner House

Corner House
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Corner House you’ll find a variety of great value pub favourites on the menu, plus our favourite steaks, meat combos and burgers. Our amazing range of beef steaks are our speciality and are matured for 28 days, seasoned with salt, cracked black pepper and oil before being flame-grilled just the way you like them. All of our signature steaks are served on a hot iron skillet to keep your meal hotter for longer and sizzling all the way to your table. If you dare, take on our Flaming Food Challenges like the Flaming Challenge Burger, the gigantic Mother Clucker Sandwich challenge or the scorching After-Burner Challenge. If you defeat the meat we’ll put your name and photo on our “Wall of Flame”. All our food comes with a Flaming Guarantee, if you don’t love it, we’ll replace it! What’s more, our great value pricing on a range of fantastic beers and wines and special food nights across the week mean there is always a reason to visit your local Flaming Grill in Burton on Trent.
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Arriving at 1800hrs for a quick meal, the Corner House was already quite busy, with diners and drinkers enjoying the fine weather on the outside tables. I was seated promptly, the jug of iced water I requested was delivered, and my order was taken. The food was delicious and well prepared, a 12oz burger with meatballs and side salad etc.

Overall, the Corner House provides good value, and the staff who served me were enthusiastic and polite.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We popped in here to grab a decent meal whilst at a nearby festival. Food started at 11:30 and we were the only 2 in there. We ordered the surf and turf which came on a sizzling platter, plenty of chicken, steak and scampi, with a pile of chips of course! I ordered the Italian meatballs 12oz burger which came.with a pile of chips and a corn cob. We both fought to finish the meals, and we are not exactly small lads!!! They also do a wall of fame challenge for £9.99 now that would be a good meal to share! The young lad serving was very cheery and chatty, the manager likwise, but both knew when to leave you alone! I would definatly return if that way again AND will keep my eyes open for the chain now (flaming grill)

1  Thank 8x1rob
Reviewed 13 July 2012

meal ok if you life burgers etc, very expensive not really child friendly staff inexperienced

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great value food in a nice pub/restaurant. Good for a cheap and cheerful mid week meal.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was going to go to the Mill House until I read the reviews... I found that one reviewer said this site was ok.

I went on the 10th of July 2012 at 18.30hrs.

Food was served very quickly, it was good for the money. My only irritation was the staff asking how our food was whilst my partner was talking which I found to be an unnessessary intrusion and very bad manners.

Otherwise I liked this place and would return.