“Fab little pub in scenic village”
Review of The Golden Cup

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burton upon Trent
The Golden Cup
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have just visited here for my mums birthday meal, couldnt fault it! The homemade chips are especially fab! Great friendly service, superb food and pretty rural location. In the summer there is a lovely beer garden to sit out in plus a couple of swings/slide for the kids. This is my second visit (the first being a couple of yrs ago) and would not hesitate to recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were looking for a nice meal on a Sunday evening and found this beautiful pub with an open fire and a friendly warm welcome from the staff. Three course menu great value and the food was to die for. Definitely going back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I visited for an evening meal in June whilst staying at a local spa. We enjoyed the experience so much that we had to go back the following evening. The food was outstanding, very fresh and tasty. The place was well set out and spotless and the staff very welcoming.
We were back at the spa last week with family and had no hesitation in re- visiting. Once again we were all really impressed. The landlady even put up a balloon and banner on our table after finding out that it was my birthday, a very unexpected, nice touch. We would highly recommend a visit and will be back in the future without a doubt.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stollywire
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Myself and My wife, got married on the 10th August, and had picked the Golden Cup as the venue.

The staff there arranged the Marquee and the Food to be served to over 100 guests.

The Marquee was perfect, could not have wanted anything more, All the tables was arranged as asked, and plenty of space to walk around.

The meal served was perfect, no complaints from guests, and a buffet arranged for the evening, once again top marks.

Everyone including myself and my wife, was delighted with the level of service from all the staff on the day. Taking care of the flowers , cake and family members that was turning up, and stopping the night at the Golden Cup.

We stopped in the The Penthouse Suite, which gave a stunning view of the church we had got married in that day.

Breakfast the next day, was a full english, the best i have had in a long time.

Will be going back again, and would recommend to others to give it a try.

K and L

Room Tip: We stopped in the The Penthouse Suite, which gave a stunning view of the church we had got married i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We travelled to The Golden Cup for a celebration meal,my wife and i and three children.We arrived quite earley,our table was booked for 4 o`clock,instead of this been awkward,we were made to feel very welcome by the landlord and his staff,as if we had been regulars for years.The beer garden was huge,my children had the time of their lives playing football and games,with no frowns or pulled faces.
Sitting down to eat,bang on time we were treated to a fine feast,traditional Sunday Roast and an excellent choice of wines and beers.
To sum up our visit to The Golden Cup,warm and friendly welcome by all,food and drink excellent at a cost that would not break any family of fives wallet.
Will be returning for lunch very soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Stayed here for a night when attending a family event. The landlady is very friendly though clearly runs a tight ship. The bedroom is not like a business hotel, and definitely has the personality of the owners running through it. Some may not like this, but I found it quite endearing.
Breakfast was a little early for a Sunday morning, though it did mean I was up an started in good time. Well cooked full English.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Recently went to the golden cup for a meal with my mum, I felt I had to leave feedback as I had read such awful reviews, well my experience was that of complete pleasure, we had a fantastic home cooked meal the staff couldn't do enough for us and I WILL be going back to this lovely warm & welcoming pub/restaurant/hotel again......very nice

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family