“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Favourite Thai

Favourite Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: post code DE14 1HA phone no- 01283 536099
Burton on trent
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I visited the favorite Thai tonight for my wife's birthday it was our first time the food was excellent and the service was also excellent I shall be returning again in the future Brilliant

1 Thank Richy1260

• Polish first
“Favourite Thai I've had so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We visited Favourite Thai whilst staying in Burton, would highly recommend! Decided to go as of the excellent reviews on here and we were not disappointed. The service was first class, so attentive and professional. We had the mixed platter to start which had prawns in a kind of thin pastry, chicken satay, spring rolls, chicken and prawn baguette toast and a Thai salad.. All of which was delicious! My boyfriend then had the duck Thai basil leaves, which he said was hot as described and again absolutely delicious. I had the chicken in a sweet and sour sauce which was so tasty, I don't usually finish a full plate and I ate almost all of this as it was so good. We shared some wine and had two liqueur coffees too. The food and drinks were all reasonably priced and definitely good value! Cannot recommend highly enough.. Should visit if you are in Burton, we've recommended to our family that we were visiting in the area. Thanks again, was a lovely treat on our weekend away.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Often copied, never equalled!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is by far one of the best Thai restaurants you'll ever experience!
We've been several times now and have always been impressed by the consistently high quality and standards!
We went this time determined not to have our usual excellent selections and the owner surprised us by making superb suggestions!
For starters my wife had superb prawns and I had one of my favourite Thai dishes, the wonderful Larb - one of the best I've tasted! Both beautifully cooked and presented!
My wife had sea bass as her main course - two pieces with different sauces, one tamarind and the other gently curried - and was blown away at how delicious they both were!
My recommendation was the lamb shank and boy, was it superb! Slowly cooked to perfection in fragrant spices, it fell off the bone and was absolutely fantastic!
Compliments to Chairat for his choices and to his chef for the excellent dishes!
Have to also mention the great service - always friendly, polite, attentive and professional.
It's very well priced and has a very good wine list, but we tend to stick with Pinot Grigio as it really compliments the wonderful food.
There are many Thai restaurants around nowadays, but very few will ever equal the Favourite Thai!
Try it out for yourself! You will not be disappointed!
Just ask Chairat for his recommendations!

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“in every respect... awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

booked here whilst on a weekend away, booked purely based on reviews here, this place is fab, the welcome we received was great, the staff are friendly and make you feel great, food was awesome, cannot fault this place at all. would highly recommend to anyone visiting Burton Upon Trent. Not one bad thing to say about this place. xx :D

• Visited November 2013
Repton, England, United Kingdom
“Not sure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Last week I made my second trip to Favourite Thai, chosen again due to its TripAdvisor ratings... The evening was perfectly pleasant, the food okay, the service adequate. But not much more than that. In fact, the atmosphere was almost a little 'cold', and the temperature certainly was. Just expressing my honest opinion that, while I don't think you will be hugely disappointed by a meal here, you won't be overwhelmed either. And it is a little pricey.

• Visited November 2013