“Outstanding restaurant”

Description: post code DE14 1HA phone no- 01283 536099
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Outstanding restaurant”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Favourite Thai in Burton is one of, if not the best restaurant I have ever had the pleasure of going to. The food is always mouthwateringly delicious and authentic, and the owner Chairat is friendly, courteous and goes out of his way to ensure you enjoy a wonderful dining experience. This place is a MUST VISIT, not only if you are from Burton or the surrounding area, but even if you are from the Midlands or anywhere else in the UK for that matter it is definitely worth the trip.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank D4vidC

• Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Authentic Thai”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Tuesday evening. Attentive waiters who were friendly and informative. Offered to flex the dishes depending on the spice and meat we wanted.

Extensive menu and every item we ordered was tasty, fresh and full of authentic thai flavour.

Especially recommend the pork ribs for starter - beautifully slow cooked and delicately spiced

2 Thank Neil P
Staffordshire
“Saturday night out at the best thai restuarant”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I visited Favourite restuarant two weeks ago for my friends 65th birthday. I was so impressed with the sea bass cooked in spicy coconut sauce, I returned this evening for a repeat of the same meal. My husband also chose the sea bass, his words to describe it was amazing!
The staff at this restuarant are excellent, and its a credit to the owner Chariot, who is always so obliging and helpful. Book the waiter tempted us to try and eat our noodles with chop sticks, unfortunately we weren't very succesful, but its these personal touches that make this restuarant so special to us.
Can't wait to return in a few weeks for another repeat of this delicious food, and to say hello to chariot and his hard working friendly team. 10 out of 10 for food and service!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Favourite772
Derby, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant In Burton! ”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Just come on tripadvisor to do a review and I'm so glad it's rated number one as it's thoroughly deserved. The food is excellent and the owners make us feel so incredibly well! Top top top marks!

1 Thank DerbyTravelling1
Ibstock, United Kingdom
“Wanted to like it more....”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lovely service & welcome and a nice looking menu, ordered a shared starter and two mains. Unfortunately the food has become altered to suit UK tastes. Just like Chinese & Indian food it has been tampered with to appeal to the UK palate and bears little resemblance to its origins.
The starters were not as fresh tasting as I like and more akin to deep fried fare.
The wife's main was actually quite nice but mine was over sweet and covered in a very sticky thick sauce not horrible, just too sickly for me. I like the zing of limes, chilis and fresh vegetables.
Having been to Thailand many times I prefer my food not to be altered to suit the UK market, unfortunately i cannot condemn it as they are catering to their audience. The restaurant is very nice, clean and enjoyable and I am sure is popular. So i would not say to avoid, just not for me.

• Visited July 2014